56

I walked back with my team to find the entire side of our school whispering.

"He's hot!"

"Did she move on that quickly?"

"Out of all people, it has to be the quarterback of our rival team."

"Why is she so fucking agressive?"

"She's actually hot"

"Why does she always get the cute guys?"

"Noah's finally single!"

I raised my eyebrow at the last comment and sat down at the far corner away from my team. Luke runs up to me. "Madison, I know you don't like him and you're having a situation going on but we need you to talk to Noah." He says out of breath. "And why should I?" I ask sternly. "He's pissed of about the whole thing that happened in half time and you're the only one that can calm him down." He says gently. "Don't do it for him, do it for our team." Luke pleads. I sigh and get up to follow him.

I go to the boys side of the field and Noah is having a literal fight with the wall. He's pacing around with his hands balled up in fists. His knuckles are busted and bruised and his eyes are bloodshot. "Noah?" I call and his eyes instantly softened at the sound of his voice. His eyes scan the area until they find me. I take his hand and lead him out of the stadium and into the girls changing room. I enter the office and grab the first aid kit while he waits outside. I come out and lead him onto the first aid stand and I sit on it.

He stands in between my legs and I try so hard to ignore the heat radiating off of him and the tension in the room. "Who is he?" He croaks and I look up as I'm cleaning his knuckles. "A childhood friend who I haven't seen for about 5 years." I say quietly. "Madison, I am so sorry for assuming things. I didn't know that there was more to the story than-"

"Did I mention he was my first kiss?" I ask slyly and his face hardens.

Madison: 1 Noah: 0

"All done." I say and he looks into my eyes. "Listen, you probably can't see it on my face but it is so hard looking at you right now." I say softly. "You were my rock, my protection and the only stranger I let in without fear. Luke, I've known his family for ages and Mia and I went to kindergarten together. Lexi and I became friends in about the 4th grade and Ben, I've known him my entire life. All these people have earned their way into my life and have stuck by me." I say with tears streaming down my face.

He looks at me solemnly. "I let you in, thinking that you wouldn't leave me. You would be there to help me and guide me. It was hard enough looking at you when I saw the pictures of you and Victoria. I put it behind me in hopes that something like that would never happen again. But you did the worst thing anyone has ever done to me. You showed me you loved me and then completely forgot about me in the space of 10 fucking seconds Noah! You kissed my bestfriend and showed her the exact same expression of love that you did to me. How the fuck is that supposed to make me feel!?" I exclaim, choking on my words.

I could feel my heart shattering, just looking at him. He caused this. Every tiny feeling in my body right now was all caused by him. And I don't think I could ever forgive him for it. "And you think putting 15 million fucking dollars in my account is going to fix this? You can have it back. I'm not using a single cent in that account because you don't deserve that satisfaction that you bribed me into forgiving you. I'm not a gold digger. I will never be so don't you dare try to create me into one. I take everything thrown at me in this life into consideration, never for granted." I say.

I look at him the entire time and tears are flowing down his face. He looks so broken that it's killing me. "I can't believe I'm saying this but, you've lost me." I choke out as more tears cascade from my face. "I don't think I could ever forgive you for what you've done to me and I promise, it will take months to fix. This will be the last time I will ever have this talk with you because I'm tired. Of you hurting me even though I know you're broken inside. This isn't the reason I'm talking to you right now. Every single student out there is relying on you and your team for this win. I need you to win this. Not for the school, or for me, but for yourself. We've both been through so much that you deserve it. I can't imagine how my life would be without you but I need you to do this. This will be the last I'll ever ask you for anything. Please." I beg and he nods.

"I just want one more." He asks and I crash my lips onto his. A mixture of lust and emotions are poured out into this kiss. I savour every drop of this kiss. It will be the last one and it pains me to think I will never be able to love this man the way I have been for the past 3 months. I pull away for the very last time. He looks at me with those hooded brown orbs before kissing me on the cheek. He holds onto my hands and kisses both of them. The tears are evident on his face. He pulls away from me and walks out.

More emotions that I never realised I held in came out and I dropped off the counter and onto my hands and knees, tears spilling from my eyes and onto the floor creating a puddle.

I've lost him. For good.