58

"Our love will last forever."

"Shut the fuck up!" I yelled at the soap opera playing on our tv. Homecoming was a disaster. Long story short, Aiden apologised to me, I was Homecoming Queen, slow danced with Noah and he called me his princess. Now that definitely fucked with my head. I ran off and came home and here I am sitting in front of my tv with Rosie and in my pyjamas and a bowl of Oreo cookies. I'm so confused about everything to the point where I've settled to watching soap operas and yelling at my tv like a maniac every time the word 'love' is used in a sentence to my disliking.

"Wow, I'm seriously screwed." I said to Rosie and she groaned in response. I rolled my eyes and muttered, "Ok, no need to be rude."
It's still really early into the night and my phone has been going off non stop.

" It's still really early into the night and my phone has been going off non stop

I laughed at all the messages I got

I laughed at all the messages I got. I went onto Snapchat and saw a picture of me on her story. I raised my eyebrow at the screen before pressing it.

 I raised my eyebrow at the screen before pressing it

"No fucking way!" I screamed. Lexi is an idiot. How the hell did she think I was gonna get raped? I rolled my eyes and laughed to myself about her stupidity. I put my phone down and turned off the tv. Tomorrow's finally the weekend. I lay on my couch with Rosie in my arms and fall into a peaceful sleep.

*************************

Smash! Boom! Crash!

I sit up from the couch and Rosie jumps off me and runs away in fear. Luke, Lexi, Noah, Aiden and Ben are all standing in front of me. "How the fuck did you get into my house?" I ask groggily while rubbing my eyes. "And what the hell did you break cause you're paying for a new one." I say folding my arms. I probably looked like a hot mess but I didn't care. They literally broke into my house for fuck's sake!

It's not even 8!

"The door was open darling. And the noise was sound effects." Lexi states clearly. "Now do you mind telling us why you took off last night?" Luke asks. "Ask your friend over here. He definitely knows." I say gesturing to Noah. He stands firmly looking at the floorboards.

"What the hell is your problem man?" Ben roars and I flinch and wince at the noise. His eyes are filled with rage. "Repeat your fucking question again." Noah warns with a deep voice. "No!" I yell standing up they all turn their attention to me and Noah's glare softens.

"Not in my fucking house! Go and have your fights over me somewhere else because you know what? You guys are always protecting me and it's nice honestly. You're being the family I never had but seriously, my ex-boyfriend and my childhood best friend are fighting over me? It's like you've forgotten that for most of my life, I've lived under the same roof as a serial killer." I yell, with tears brimming in my eyes but I shove them back down. Silence deafens my living room as I sigh and run a hand through my light waves.

"I was practically a victim for attempted murder and I was fucking shot in front of everyone in our entire school and you know this. You all know that I'm capable and brave enough to fight my own battles. Seriously Ben, I can handle this motherfucker standing in front of me that I still have really strong feelings for. I need to live my own life. You can't always be breathing down my neck forever. Eventually, you're both going to get girlfriends and get married and move on with your lives. You can't always be after me." I explain softly.

"What about yourself?" Noah steps closer to me and asks. "Aren't you ever going to get married?"
"Funny coming from you." Lexi mutters but we all heard it.
"Me? I'm never gonna get married or find love again. I've lost it once and it hurts too much. I'm done looking for love. It's clear I'm never gonna find it again." I say quietly before excusing myself and slowly walking into my room.
I take a shower to drown out my feelings and get changed super quickly.
I throw on my white laced tube top with my blue denim short dungarees. I throw on a pair of white socks followed my the white trainers. I look at my hair in the mirror and result to wrapping it in a low bun.

I apply mascara and lip gloss before looking at myself one more time. I look down at my nails and realise that the acrylics fell off and my nails are chipped from biting them all the time. I stare at them in disgust before walking back into my room with my phone and grabbing my card out of my purse. I head through the corridor and into the sitting room where everyone is still there.

I have nothing to say to them. "Are you all planning on staying here?" I ask and they all look up and notice my presence. "Oh, we were just, planning on. I mean we were wondering if-" Luke stutters and I stop him and turn to Lexi. "I'm gonna get my nails done, are you coming?" I ask and she nods.

"If all of you guys are staying here, feed Rosie and don't go out with my house unlocked." I say to the boys, chucking my house keys at Noah. I don't even know why I threw them at him. He catches them with ease and watches me intently as I kiss Rosie goodbye and head out with Lexi.

"So, um about what happened back there, we didn't mean to hurt your feelings." Lexi says as I start the car. "No worries." I say and the rest of the car journey is silent. "Lexi, I'm not mad at you. You can speak to me." I say and she lets out a big breath and I laugh at her.

"Did it ever occur to you that Luke has feelings for you?" She asked bluntly and I step on the brakes, sending the car to a halt. "What the fuck?" I say and she looks at her perfectly manicured nails.

"It's kinda obvious." She says sadly as I pull up to the mall parking lot. I look over to her and say, "Lexi, He doesn't like me. I've known him longer than I've known you so it may look that way because he's really protective over me. He loves you. I see it in his eyes. Everytime you look at each other and when I catch him ocassionally watching you take over cheer practice. He would never leave you for me. I know that for a fact." I say and she sighs. I don't think I convinced her but honestly I don't even know what else to say to her.

"Let's go! I wanna have perfect manicured nails as well!" I whine and she laughs before we both get out of the car. I lock it and we head into the mall.

We enter the nail shop and I choose my colours. "Choose a fall colour" Lexi suggested and I agreed. I chose a deep purple colour that I absolutely loved.

We did a bit of shopping which really took my mind off everything that was happening. I had a great day and I realised that sometimes in life, people can be going through the worst situations, but you should never have to give up something as precious as life just because of it.