46

As soon as I entered the house, I didn't even have the energy to say hi to Mia sitting on the couch with Rosie. I trudged upstairs and into my room before plonking onto it face first. I groaned into my pillow and spun around so I was looking at the ceiling. I took off my shoes and leggings and decided to sleep in the jumper. I turned off the lights and fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

***********************
beep! beep! beep! beep! beep!

I silenced my alarm and jumped out of bed. "Why am I so energetic today?" I asked myself. Today is Thursday and tomorrow is homecoming. I have to sit out because of my leg but I think Noah's still going to play.

Noah.

I still haven't decided what I'm going to do with him but for the moment, I was gonna push it out of my mind. I had a quick shower because I felt like it. I got out and walked into my closet. I threw on my grey button up crop top with a different pair of black ripped jeans and a pink cropped bomber jacket. I tied my hair in a loose low ponytail, leaving some strands out. I put on some lip gloss and threw on a pair of sunglasses. I put on my
adidas white high tops and my phone and went downstairs.

Mia was already sitting on the kitchen table sipping on coffee when I went to join her. "Where did you go yesterday?" She asked and I sighed. "Nowhere important."
We packed our stuff after I fed Rosie and headed outside. "Smile Mads!" Mia yelled and she held out her phone and I did a pose and she sent me the picture.

 "Smile Mads!" Mia yelled and she held out her phone and I did a pose and she sent me the picture

We drove to school listening to music and I said "I'm going homecoming dress shopping. Without you." I declared and she rolled her eyes and laughed. "Whatever."

We arrived at school and Victoria was practically eating Noah's face off. Mia scrunched up her nose in disgust and skipped off to Luke and I headed inside. I walked to my locker and got the books that I needed. I shut the locker door and went early to my first lesson. The day went slowly and lunch came around. Everyone seemed to let the shooting incident slide but it was still nailed to my memories. There was screaming and tears from the other end of the cafeteria and Mia, Lexi and I turned our heads to see Victoria stamping her feet and crying like a 5-year-old in front of Noah.

I rolled my eyes and turned my head back around. I felt someone tap my shoulder and I turned around to find Noah behind me. "Could I talk to you outside?" He said sheepishly and Lexi stifled a laugh. I glared at her and followed Noah out of the cafeteria. "I deleted the pictures." He said and I was shocked. "They're all gone and she was pissed because her plan didn't work." He said and I smiled at him.

"Can I take you out tonight?" He blurted and I giggled and nodded my head. He cocked his head to the side. "You're just adorable when you're nervous." I admitted and he smirked at me. He leaned in to kiss me and I grabbed his face and smashed his lips on mine. His arms snaked around my waist and pulled him closer to me. I pulled away and smiled breathless.

"See you at 8?" He asked and I nodded. He smirked at me before kissing my cheek and walking off to the cafeteria. I walked back inside, trying to hide the smile plastered on my face.

School ended and I rushed to my car. Mia was going to ride to her place in Lexi's car so I could go shopping straight after school. I drove to the mall and parked my car. I walked in with my phone to take pictures of some dresses. Half an hour later, I was still looking around. There were a lot of options but nothing stood out for me. I was looking in the last shop when something caught my eye. It was a strapless short dress with a cream colour at the bottom and embroidery and patterns and diamonds on the top. I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it and pulled it off the rack.

"This is the one." I say to myself. I pay for it and head home. I enter the house and Mia and Lexi were sitting there. "Lemme see the dress!" Lexi squeals and I shake my head. "It's gonna be a surprise." I say and put it aside before sitting on the couch with them. "What did Noah tell you at lunch? Spill!" Mia said sitting up. I explained the entire story to them about how Victoria had pictures of me and blackmailed Noah and how he deleted them. "Oh shit Noah's taking me out tonight!" I exclaim looking at the time.

7:15pm

Mia and Lexi looked at each other with devious grins before screaming at me to run up the stairs and get in the shower. I came out with 30 minutes to get dressed and put on makeup. Mia had a bunch of outfits layed out for me and Lexi had a straighter in her hand. There were three dresses on my bed but the cream pink one stood out for me. I picked it up and nodded at it grinning. Lexi grabbed me and pulled me to the makeup chair.
20 minutes later, I was dressed and my hair and makeup was done.

I looked at myself in the mirror and Mia and Lexi were in the mirror next to me, grinning like crazy. "You look beautiful." Mia breathed and I whispered a thank you. the doorbell rang and Lexi ran downstairs to go and get it.
"Looks like it's time." Mia said taking my hand and leading me out of the room.