Accident

"Calm down?! I was going to be a director. I've applied to a directing school in California! I definitely won't get in if I don't have a high school diploma." He started freaking out. Aron puts a hand on his shoulder.

"Dude. Breath. They'll fix it. Right now let's just not worry about it." Carter takes a few deep breaths then nods his head.

"Yeah...yeah...it'll be okay." He says. I nod slowly.

"Yes, it will." I say standing up off of the floor. I walk over and pat his head. Then I walk into the the dining room and grab my camera. When I walk back into the living room, Sage looks at me, sees the camera, and groans.

"That thing again?" She said, annoyed. "You never actually catch anything on camera yet you always carry that thing around." I shrug.

"It's a HABIT."(See what I did there?)

Carter looks at the camera and his eyes widen.
"No, no, no, not that thing. When you have that thing, bad things happen." He said, standing up and closing the blinds on the living room window.

"What do you mean?" Sage said, clearly confused.

Oh yeah. I remember now.

"Well. Before I became friends with Aron. I decided to follow Y/n I tot the woods because it seemed suspicious that she just walked in there all the time. So I was following her and-"

"And I had my camera out because...I always do." I cut in.

"Yeah. And after a while of following her, I heard a noise in the bushes. I turned to see what it was and got tackled by a figure in an orange hoodie. It made enough noise that Y/n turned around. She didn't even know me. But she still helped. She ran over with her camera still in hand and started attacking the figure with a stick. It didn't damage him much but he still ran. I was pretty bruised up after that." He said, looking down.

"We still don't know who the figure was or what they were doing OR where they went, but we do know they had intentions of killing him." I say.

"How do you know?" Aron asked, leanings forward on the couch as if I was just telling a scary story. This story was very much true.

"The reason I stepped in and attacked him was because I saw him pull a gun out of his pocket." I say.

"And another time. Sage was sick and Aron had to help his dad cut a tree down. I was walking with Y/n to her house when I got a really bad headache. It got so bad I couldn't even walk. I fell over and started coughing really bad. My through wasn't dry or anything though. Then I started to cough up blood. Y/n was kneeling next to me and when I looked up I saw a tall figure standing in the tree line. My vision was blurry so I couldn't make out details. But it was tall." He said, recalling the memory and shivering at the thought.

"Woah." Aron and Sage say in sync. I nod, looking down.

"Yeah." Carter said. Then he turned to me. "So keep that cursed thing away from me." He said with venom and fear in his words. I roll my eyes.

"Oh come on. It's just a video camera." I saw, walking over to the window and lifting the blinds. We had been talking for a while and it was already dark outside. "I-"

My eyes widen and I fall backwards, away from the window. Aron rushes over to me.

"You ok? What happened?" He asked pulling me up by my shoulders. I gulp and point to the window. He walked over to it and lifted up the blinds. He gasped and so did I. He gasped because of what he saw, I gasped because he saw it. It didn't disappear this time.

Carter sees what's out the window and put his hands on his head, grimacing in pain. Aron did the same. It seemed to hurt them. Sage didn't see so she walked over to the window. Lifting up the blinds she saw a tall, faceless creature standing in the tree line outside she falls backward in pain. I quickly rush over and pull the blinds closed. They all recovered from the migraine.

"See?! I told you! That thing is cursed!" He pointed at my camera.

"It's real..." Sage said in disbelief. I nod, looking down. NOW they believe me?

Suddenly I feel my camera being snatched from my hand. I glare at Carter and reach for my camera. He pulls it back.

"No. This thing is evil." He said. How can a camera be evil. It barely even does its job, let alone try to wipe out the human race.

"My camera isn't evil. Just give it back!" I say, jumping to try and reach it. Suddenly a hand came out from behind him and grabbed the camera, tossing it to me. I catch it out of the air and check to make sure it still works.

I look up to see Sage standing behind Carter. He turns around and glares at her. She bares her teeth and growls like an animal. He backs away and turns around.

"I'm sorry...I just..I don't want anyone getting hurt.." he said. I nod, accepting his apology. I didn't want anybody hurt either.

But sometimes it can't be avoided...