Dead but not gone

Sorry for the late update. But it's 2:00 AM and I'm bored af so here you go :P

When I got back to my bedroom I slipped out of the bloody clothes, discarded them in the laundry hamper, and changed into a loose T-shirt and shorts.

I crawled into my bed, exhausted. It turns out taking the lives of semi-innocent people for no reason can really drain your energy.

When I start to feel my eyes flutter closed, I can already feel the image of a new dream playing in my brain.

I open my eyes to be met with others.

"Gah!" I scramble backwards in surprise. Then I see it was just Aron. I catch my breath as he smiles.

"Hi Aron. You seem happy this time." I had gotten use to seeing Aron in my dreams now. Even though he couldn't talk, I still talked to him, it was like he isn't really...gone.

"How can you tell?" He asks in an excited voice.

"Well, y-" I stop myself and stare at him. It was silent on both ends for a moment. His smile got even brighter.
Tears fill my eyes.

"No. No, I'm just hearing it. I'm hearing things again." I say as I close my eyes and frown.

"You aren't just hearing it." I hear him say, he sounded just like he did before... everything.

"Yes. I'm hearing it. This isn't real." I say again, a little forcefully this time.

"It's real." He said. God damnit. I could still hear the smile in his voice and it made me sad.

My eyelids snap open as my eyebrows narrow.

"No. Nothing about this is real. You aren't even real. This conversation isn't real, my mind just made it up to torture me! You aren't here! This is a dream. You're dead, Aron!" I yell, slamming my hands on the ground.

His smile fades to a look of shock and sadness.

"Listen. You might think that, but all that happened was I shed that prison of a body. I'm still very much alive, just not in the ways that are noticeable." I stare at him.

"But in all the ways that count, I'm still here for you." My face softens and I sit back. I would hug him but...you know.

"I can see everything that you do. I saw when you saved that boy. Somehow saving him took away the curse that bound my voice and physical being." He said, smiling again. "I'm proud of you." I look at him surprised.

"Does that mean..." I trail off as he holds his arms out for a hug. I waste no time and rush into his arms. They had no body warmth but I didn't car, I could finally hug him.

I lay my head on his shoulder and let tears fall from my eyes.

"It's okay...Cheer up. I think your friend is waiting for you."

Suddenly the world began to shift and I desperately cling onto Aron, not wanting to lose him.

"It's okay. Remember, I can always see you, and I will be here whenever you dream." I nod as everything goes blurry.

I slowly flutter my eyes open to be met with two more eyes. These ones were empty and black except for a lively, blood red pupil in the middles.

"Goddamnit! People have to stop doing that!" I yell as I fall backwards on the bed.

"Shh. Do you want to wake the whole mansion?!" Ben whisper yells at me as I regain my bearings.

I shake my head as I look at him. He chuckles.

"So you don't seem very sad today. May I ask what happened in your dream?" He asked.

"I'd rather not tell." I say. I wanted to keep Aron as my secret. He nods in understanding.

"Well as long as nothing dirty happened..." he said.

"What the fuck? you pervert!" I whisper yell at him, hitting his arm.

He looks down at his arm with a blank look on his face.

"Oh ouch. You wound me!" He said sarcastically. I giggle and he chuckles.

I sigh and fall back on the bed with a little plop.

Suddenly I hear my doorknob turn and my door creak open.

"You guys are too loud."  It was Masky himself, gracing my doorway with his presence.

I smirk at his choice of words and let out a small giggle.

"Oh really? Were being too loud are we?" I hear Ben ask slyly, you could hear the smirk in his voice. Masky was totally oblivious to what he was implying.

"Yes, I heard Y/n yell and then a thud." He said flatly.

My face heats up and Ben laughs.

"Get the fuck out." I say, trying to get the blush to go away while also trying not to laugh.

"Then quiet the fuck down. The whole mansion doesn't need to hear you guys'...pursuits." He said. Me and Ben's eyes both get wide as we start to deny it.

"Hell nah." I say defensively.

"As if i would do that with her." Ben said with a look on his face. I turn to him, slightly offended.

"And why not? I'll have you know I'm quit the package." I say, swaying my hips a bit to add emphasis. He gets an amused look on his face.

"Hey little-miss-package, your shirt's falling down." I look down to see that the Loose shirt was indeed slipping down much too low. I scramble and adjust it.

"That just proves my point." I say. Masky walks away silently while me and Ben fall back on the bed laughing.