Alibi

After a long, sleepless night, I realize I still don't know what happened yesterday...

I waited for a reasonable time to call Aron. At about 10:00 am I picked up my phone, went to my contacts list, and scrolled down until I found Aron's name. I hesitantly click on it and it brings up the options.

As much as I think they both hate me and think that I'm responsible, I have to have answers.

I hover my thumb over the call button and click it before I can change my mind. The phone is answered after two rings.

"Hello?" I hear Aron's voice say from the other end.

"Uh, Hi Aron. It's me, Y/n? I was wondering if you and Carter could come over to my house and uh, tell me...what happened?" I end my statement sounding more like a question. Knowing what I mean by 'it' he goes silent for a few seconds. I wait patiently for him to reply.

"Yeah just... let me ask Carter and we can be over in... an hour maybe." He said. I nod for some reason and then remember that he can't see me through the phone.

"Yeah, Yeah, that works..." I say. "See ya."

"Bye." He says, then I hear a beep that indicated that he hung up. I continued holding the phone to my ear for a moment before slowly lowering it. I bite my lip in thought. Thinking about how I could prove to them that I did not kill Sage.

After about two hours of thinking, eating, and waiting, I hear a knock on the door. I spring up from my spot on the couch and rush to the door. It had been TWO HOURS. If I have to wait, I like to be told the right time I'm waiting for, not an hour off.

I open the door with an unamused look on my face. Aron walks in, sees my face, and his eyes widen.

"Is everything okay?" He asked. I sigh, my face softening a little. He always thinks he's doing something wrong.

"You're an hour late." I say, stepping out of the way so that he could walk in. He shrugs and then walks over to the couch, sitting down.

"We got stopped by some guy on the way here. He was saying something about video documentaries." He said, leaning back on the couch.

"Hotel documentaries...Was his name To- Tim by any chance?" I ask. He shakes his head.

"No. I think it was...Brian. Yeah, Brian. Why?" He says, sitting forward again, closing his hands together.

"No reason." I say as I turn around. I hadn't even noticed Carter standing in the doorway.

"Oops. Hi Carter." I say. He just glares and walks past me, sitting on the couch by Aron. I ignore it and walk in, sitting in a chair.

"So, can somebody explain to me what the hell happened yesterday?" I say, my voice calm but my words weren't. Aron sighs, putting his head in his hands, then he puts his hands back down and looks at me.

"We were visiting the school-" he starts, I cut him off.

"And talking about how crazy I am..." I cut in.

"I didn't-" I cut him off again.

"I was there, Aron." I say, still calm. Carter looks up and smirks to me. Not a friendly smirk, or a sadistic smirk, a smirk that said 'I got you now'.

"Oh, so were there. And you have a motive to feel angry towards Sage." He said, as if this was a police investigation.

"Carter, st-" Aron starts. I, once again, cut him off.

"You know I couldn't do something like this without planning it out and getting prepared for a long time before." I say, still keeping my cool.

"Who says you didn't? Who says you weren't waiting in those woods, waiting for your perfect time.?" He says. I roll my eyes.

"I wasn't." I say in an unamused tone.

"Proof." He says in a voice that made me assume he knows I don't have evidence.

"What?" I say, looking at him. He gives me a defensive look.

"If you can give me proof that you weren't in those woods when we were, I'll think about changing my mind." He said, narrowing his eyebrows and grinning. Aron's just sitting there, awkwardly.

Do I have proof? Can I come up with an Alibi?

"You want proof, you got it."

What am I getting myself into?