Productive

When I walk into the hallway I stop in my tracks and blink in surprise.

Oliver was still standing there by my door, doing nothing but stand there. When he sees me walk out a smile finds its way to his face.

I squint my eyes, not really sure how to react to this. He stood here the whole time I was showering? I know I take loooong showers. I mean,  it's adorable...but damn...

"Were you standing here the whole time..?" I say, still staring.

"No. You think I wanna wait for you while you take the world's longest shower?" He said with a glare. There's the Oliver I know.

I shrug and roll my eyes.

"You know what? Imma go sit on the couch." I say, turning towards the stairs. As I walk down the hall I hear footsteps behind me.

"Are you going to follow me everywhere?" I say as I continue walking.

"For your information, I planned to sit on the couch earlier, so... You're just walking in front of me." I roll my eyes as I keep walking. When I reach the stairs, I put my hand on the railing and flip over. I ended up miscalculating the height of the banister and falling to the ground floor. I land on my back, getting the air knocked out of me.

"Ha!" I hear Oliver say as he walks right by me without helping me up. This boy is so confusing. This morning he was holding me in his lap and crying on my shoulder, now he's back to being a jerk.

I grumble and stand up, stumbling a few steps while I walk to the living room.

I see Oliver sitting on one side of the couch while Jack sat cross-legged on the floor, watching the TV.

If he was gonna be a cocky bitch, two can play at that game.

I walk in and lay my head on his lap while I lay on the couch.

"Do ya mind?" He said. I smile up at him.

"Not at all." I say as I close my eyes.

He grumbles and I smirk, though I know deep down he didn't mind all that much.

"You guys together or something?" Jack said in a monotone voice.

I open my eyes.

"You know, your question says you care, but your voice says you don't." I say, raising an eyebrow. I could almost feel him rolling his...eyes...

"Well are you?" He said again.

"We could be." Oliver said, wiggling his eyebrows. I roll my eyes.

"No, It's just a friendship." I say as I think over what friendship means. Friends don't kiss friends.

"Friendship? More like an agreement not to kill each other." Oliver said. I sit up.

"I never agreed to that."

I move over and sit on the other side of the couch.

"Okay." Jack said. Again, it sounded like he didn't give a fuck.

We just sit there in silence for a few moments, waiting for someone to say something.

"Well, imma go do something productive for once in my life." I say, standing up. Jack scoffs.

"And what might that be?" He said. I sit back down.

"I have no idea." I say, leaning back into the couch.

"Yeah, that's what I thought."