WTF am I writing? (Update)

I walk into the kitchen in hopes of finding someone to talk to, to ease my boredom.

When I walk in I see Smile Dog sitting by one of the chairs, looking bored.

"Hey Smile." I say as I walk over and pet him on the head. He seems to get happy with the attention.

Then I see a spot of brown fur in the doorway. There'a only one dog I know that has the human emotions of being shy, besides Smile of course.

I pretend not to notice him standing there and continue to pet smile, earning a happy bark.

Then I almost giggle when I hear Apollo whimper, trying to get my attention without coming forward.

Only now did I notice that Jeff was having target practice in the kitchen. I look at the target he had put on the wall and saw the he hit every one.

"Do you do this everyday?" I say to him. He doesn't throw the knife he has and turns to me.

"Yeah, but usually I practice inside." He said.

"Well that sounds like a good decision." I grumble while looking back to Smile.

It all happened at once and I'm not sure how. Here's how it happened.

There was some sort of vase on the table that had Sage? Some sort of plant. I bumped it with my elbow, sending it to the floor where it landed on Smile's paw. Smile made some sort of growl, bark, yelp, causing Jeff to turn at he last second of one of his throws, accidentally sending the knife at my head.

My eyes widen and it feels like slow motion. I clench my eyes shut on preparation of my downfall. Wow, my death: Took a knife to the face because she dropped a vase. How heroic does that sound?

But I don't feel the pain or the shock of getting impaled. Instead I hear Jeff gasp and faint heavy breathing beside me.

I slowly open my eyes to see a boy with black and brown hair and dog ears with a small tail coming out of his back. He was like Smile except he wasn't.

"Gah!" I fall backwards out of my chair.
"Who are you?!" I say with wide eyes. The boy drops the knife.

"Are you not joyful that I just saved your life?" The boy asked, cocking his head to the side in confusion.

"A-Apollo?" I ask. He smiles and nods.

"You're human?" I ask, bewildered and confused.

"I am?" He said in question. He actually didn't notice that he had turned into a human. He looks at a reflective pan.

"I am!" He shouts in happiness. "I'm human!"

"But why?" I ask. He looks just as confused as me.

"Because he needed posable thumbs to catch the knife." Smile, who was now human, said.

"I need to protect you." Apollo said, he was now serious.

"But you're with Oliver now." I saw in sadness and a bit of anger.

"That doesn't mean I don't love you. He was my first owner though, but his parents threw me out because I would get mad when they hurt him."

Hurt him?

"Did this happen often? Them hurting him?" I ask, almost scared of the answer.

"Oh yes. And I regret to say that I was too small then to stop them." He said, his ears drooping in sadness and guilt.

Oh my god.

I was too selfish to even ask about his parents.

"Ok. Smile, you stay and teach him about being a human boy and stuffs, I gotta go do something."

"Or someone?" Apollo said slyly, wiggling his eyebrows. Of all the things he knows, it has to be this. Well he did spend a while with Oliver I guess.

"Not the time, Apollo." I say as I roll my eyes and run out of the room. I hear Smile and Jeff laughing at the joke as I rush up the stairs. When I find the right room, I don't knock, man, I really should start knocking.

I open the door and walk into the room and I see Oliver sitting in a chair with headphones in. When he sees me he pulls the headphones off and looks at me.

"That was my favorite song. And did anyone ever teach you to knock?" He said, he didn't sound angry though, he's never angry when he talks to me anymore, just...playful.

"Yeah, yeah, I know." I walk into the room and point to his bed.
"Sit." I say. He raises an eyebrow.

"That desperate?" He says. I roll my eyes.

"Shut up and sit down. I say, a little more forcefully.

"Okay, okay..." He stood up from his chair and sat down on the bed. I walk over and sit next to him.

He just sits there confused and I take his hand in mine and interlock our fingers. He seems surprised by my actions but doesn't pull his hand away.

"Oliver...I'm sorry..." I say.