Blame

I look at him, my eyes wide.

"W-What do you mean?" I ask him, my voice still shaky from what happened.

"Oh please! Am I the only one that found it the least bit suspicious that she showed up right after Sage got attacked?!" He yelled, making me jump.

"You think I killed my best friend?!" I yell back, anger seeping into my words.

"Yes. I do! Because trouble seems to always follow you around and your little pet showed up right before Sage was attacked!"

"Pet?! What the hell do you mean?!" I yell back. Tears started to sting my eyes when I realize that it could have been my fault.

"You brought that thing here, and now people are dying, Y/n! I thought your camera was possessed by the devil. But it turns out, you are!" He yelled. Tears started to stream from my eyes from anger and guilt.

"You think I don't know that?!" I yell at him, making him jump.

"Y-" I cut him off.

"I have seen this thing in my nightmares since I was a child! It follows me around, watching! I've tried to escape it but it Never. Leaves! Now you think that I killed my best friend because of it?! Well I've got news for you: I didn't ask Sage to be my friend! I didn't ask her to get involved in this! I didn't tell this thing to follow me! And I most certainly had nothing to do with Sage's death!!!" I yell at him. Trembling, I run up to my room, leaving my camera downstairs.

When I get to my room, I see the thing standing by my bed. I wasn't scared though. I was enraged.

"Why did you have to get them involved?!?!!" I scream as I run at the creature. It disappears before I can reach it and I collapse on the floor, crying.

X X X X X X X

After what felt like an hour of sitting on my floor, slowly coming to the realization that it's all my fault, I hear my door open.

"Y-Y/n?" I hear a frightened Aron say from the doorway. I look up at him.

"Yeah?" I ask him.

"It's...It-It's be..." he couldn't finish his sentence. He just pointed behind me. I slowly turn my head to see the creature Standing by my window. I sit there trembling. Then it just disappears. I look back at Aron.

"Uh...C-Carter already left. I'm going to go home too before it gets dark." He said, staring at where the creature was just a moment ago.

"Oh, ok." I say with sadness dropping from my words. I could hear his footsteps slowly retreat until I hear the door shut downstairs.

Sorry for the short chapter. People are going to start falling faster in the next few chapters.