Alibi Pt. 2

I stand up from my chair and grab my camera and put my(new) Jacket on because it was fall outside.

I look back at the boys.

"Well? Are you coming?" I say expectantly. Carter chuckles and Aron gives a questioning look. I turn around and open the door, letting the cold wind go over me before walking outside. I leave the door open behind me for Carter and Aron. I knew they were following me because I could hear their footsteps.

That's something I learned while trying to catch whoever I felt watching me. I can tell who is behind me just by their footsteps.

I continue walking down the sidewalk while looking down.

How the hell am I going to prove to them I didn't do it? I ask myself as I walk.

If I want to prove it to them I have to have
1. A believable alibi
2. A witness or clues that I was there
3. ...I'm dead

Without me noticing, I had already walked to main street. While I was thinking to myself, I collided with a building.

I hear laughing from behind me as I peel myself off of the brick wall. I turn around and glare at the boys.

"Yeah, yeah, funny right? Shall we move on?" The boys slowly stop laughing and nod. I look up at the building I just hugged and realized it was the condemned hotel from yesterday.

"This is it. This is where I was." I say, pointing to the building. The boys look at it.

"A condemned hotel?" Carter asks.

"Well, I wasn't inside the building, I was on the sidewalk, talking to someone." I explain.

"Oh, I didn't know you had many friends besides us." Aron said.

"First of all: Ouch. And second of all: I don't, it was a guy I ran into on the sidewalk." I say. Carter laughs again. I roll my eyes but freeze when my eyes land on a familiar figure down the street.

Yellow-tan jacket, blue jeans, black hair. He wasn't alone though, beside him, stood another man with brown hair and an orange hoodie, they were standing on the sidewalk, talking. I look back at the boys.

"Follow me." I say as I start walking down the sidewalk towards them. They see us coming. Tim stays silent while the other one waves at us.

"Hey Brian." I hear Carter say to the man. So this is Brian? No wonder he was talking about videos documentaries, Tim must have told him.

"Hi." The Brian man says as we walk closer to them.

"How's Brian going to help you? You don't even know him." I hear Aron whisper into my ear.

"He's not." I say to him. When we finally reach them I turn to Tim.

"Hey Tom, I need your help." I say to Tim.

"Still Tim." He corrects. "What do you need?" The boys seem a bit confused that I know him.

"Can you tell these idiots that I was with you yesterday?" I say, pointing to the boys.

"When?" He asked.

"Around noon." I say. He nods.

"Yeah, she was here around that time." He said, still nodding.

"What were you doing while you were her with her?" Carter asked, not satisfied.

"We were talking about her camera." He said.

"Of course you were." I hear Carter mumble under his breath. "Alright, I guess you have an alibi. I'm going home." He said, walking off towards his house. I glare at him until he leaves.

"What was that even about?" I hear Tim ask behind me.

"Just an accident." I say as I start to walk to my own house, Aron following me.