Self defense

I leave the window and sit back down on the floor. It was around 11:00. How do I know? I can't even explain it. For as long as I can remember, some of my senses had been more heightened than a normal person.

Not just the basic senses like hearing and seeing, no, stuff like my inner clock, sense of direction, reflexes, And more. They were all heightened. I could tell who was walking behind me by the sound of their footsteps.

It was useful sometimes but it didn't seem like it could save my life anytime. Kind of useless in the long run.

While I was thinking, Carter and Aron had climbed into the treehouse.

"Hey Apollo, miss me?" Aron said as he patted my dog on the head. Apollo barked as a reply. Aron chuckles and sat down next to me. Carter decides to sit under the window.

We talked for a while, they didn't mention my parents and I'm kind of glad for that.

After a while of talking, Apollo ran over to the doorway of the treehouse and jumped out. I look out the doorway to see him standing in a basket that was hanging right outside the doorway.
He had to do his business. I giggle and start to pull the rope, lowering his basket to the ground.

After about two minutes, I feel a tug on the other end of the rope. I sigh and use all of my strength to pull the basket back up. He was awesome but he was also very...heavy. Not fat, just...heavy.

After I pull him up, he jumps back into the treehouse wagging his tail in satisfaction.

"Now that I think about it, I have to pee." Aron said, standing up and walking over to the doorway of the treehouse. After he was down the ladder and walked behind a tree, I hear Carter stand up quietly. I turn around to ware him walk towards me.

"Y'know, None of this would be happening if it weren't for you." He said, taking a step closer. I give him a confused look.

"It's my fault that Aron's urinating?" I ask, confused by the whole conversation. He gives me a look.

"Not that. I mean Sage. And the monster. It's really all your fault." He said.

"Me?! Are we really going to have this argument now? My parents just died!" I yell. He grins.

"I know. I was planning on doing that, but it seems someone else beat me to it." He said. I gasp. I was at a loss for words. My heightened hearing allowed me to hear a slight jingle. I look down and see that he had pulled his pocketknife out.

"So I was thinking. If I kill you, all of this will go away! It will be normal again." I take a step back.

"Carter...Killing me won't help anything." I say, trying to calm him down.

"It will solve everything!" He said excitedly before taking a step closer.

"But Aron will come back soon and find my body." I warn him. He laughs.

"Aron doesn't care! He blames you too! He'll be happy I finally got ride of the virus." He says lunging at me.

He tackles me to the ground and puts the knife to my throat. He starts to push down, drawing blood.

Suddenly he's pulled off of me. I look over to see Apollo's jaws hooked firmly onto his ankle. He cries in pain and Apollo bites down harder.

I reach in my pocket and grab my keys. I rush over as Carter kicks Apollo in the stomach, making him whimper and fall down.

He kicked my best friend.

I waste no time and stab the keys into his eye. He cries out in pain before I push harder on the keys, causing them to hit his brain, making him go silent and his eyes go glossy. I look at what I had done and puke all over the floor.

I decide to take Apollo and run. If what Carter said was true and Aron blames me, then I'll be a goner if I stay here. I pull my keys out of his skull, wipe them off, make sure Apollo is okay(he is), and got us both out of there.

How long does it take him to fracking pee?

As I rush of in the distance I hear Aron yell my name from the treehouse, he sounded worried. I shake it off and me and Apollo run all the way back to my house.