Talk

*2 weeks later*

I have been hiding in my house for the past few weeks. Not leaving to buy groceries. Keeping the blinds closed and the lights off most of the time.

I was waiting everyday for the cops to come and lock me up for the murder of Carter and possibly even Sage. But for some reason...they never came. I'm sure that Aron turned me in, he had to have...

I couldn't take it. I needed to go outside. I couldn't  take being stuck inside any longer, I had to go out, I needed to get groceries anyway.

I whistle to get Apollo's attention before walking out the door, holding it open for him before shutting it and locking it.

I take a deep breath of the afternoon air, it felt so good in my lungs, like I had never felt it before. I sigh and walk down the sidewalk, Apollo following, wagging his tail excitedly, apparently he liked being outside too.

I didn't put him on a leash, there was no need, he would try to run away, he's smart.

I smile as we walk onto main street. There wasn't very many people here, just a few people doing some late-evening shopping.

As I was walking down the sidewalk, I suddenly felt someone grab my arm and pull me into a dark alley. They put their hand over my mouth so I don't scream. My muffled yells came out as I look over at Apollo. He wasn't barking or attacking, he was just sitting there like he knew this person.

I bring my arm up and drive my elbow back, aiming for the stomach, but I hit...lower...

I hear a yelp of pain and the person let me go, I look back and was surprised to see Aron standing there, doubled over in pain. I don't say sorry though, he shouldn't have grabbed me.

"I just wanted to talk to you...without you running away..." he gasps out. I still stay silent. He regains his strength and stands up straight.

"I wanted you to know that I know what happened in the treehouse, and I didn't turn you in." He said. I was shocked, why wouldn't he turn me in?
(I accidentally wrote that as 'Turn me on' lol)

"I...I..." I turn around and try to run, I didn't know what to say. Before I could even move, he grabbed my arm and pinned me against the wall.

"Look, I don't blame you for what happened. I know he attacked you first, it was kind of predictable really. I-" He got cut off by the voice from the opening of the alley.

"Is this man bothering you, ma'am?" It was a slightly older man holding what looked like a bag of apples.

Before either of us could do anything, Aron suddenly let's go of me and sprints out of the other side of he alley.

"Are you okay miss?" The man asks, walking closer.

"I'm fine, really, but I have to go!" I say, taking off after Aron.

"Miss! Wait!" I hear Apollo growl at the man and the man helps in fear. I continue after Aron but after a while of running I lose him in the woods.

"Aron! Aron!" I yell, walking deeper into the woods.