Control

I open my eyes to find myself in an open field with a swing set in the middle.

I look around before going and sitting on one of the swings, rocking back and forth slightly in the breeze. Aron wasn't here yet.

"So how's it been." I fall off the swing in surprise and I see Aron sitting on the swing beside me.

"How the heck did you do that?!" I say while standing up.

"Your dreams are my canvas. I can do whatever I want here." He twirls his fingers around and points off into the distance.

I look to where he's pointing to see a tornado spiraling towards he ground on the horizon.

"Woah." I say as I sit back down on my swing.

He smiles and nods.

"So, how are you holding up?" He asked in a more serious tone. I let out a sigh.

"I hate him." Aron smiles at me.

"Why?" He asked.

"Because he gets me off and he knows it." I say, kicking the ground.

"He can only do that because you let him." Aron said, still keeping that bright smile that I can only see in my dreams.

"I'm not meaning to let him. I just can't control it!" I say angrily. "He messes with my head!"

"I don't know whether to hate him or to..." I trail off, not really knowing what to say. Aron smirks at me.

"Love him?" He says. My cheeks go red a bit.

"N-no! Not that!" My face continues to heat up even though I think the blush isn't getting any worse. Then I smell a bit of smoke.

"Oh shit." I say as I look down to see my clothes slowly burning through.

"Shit shit shit shit shit!" I start flailing around, trying to cool down but it was hopeless.

My clothes started to burn though.
I look at Aron.

"Oi! Do something!" I say. Aron gets a panicked look on his face before I feel myself being drenched with cold water.

"Gah!" I shiver as the water slides down my skin. I sit back down on the swing.

"Thanks." I say flatly.

"Your welcome!" He says with a smile on his face.

"I'm confused though. If that happened now, why didn't it happen earlier when I was angry at Oliver.

Aron gets a thinking look on his face.

"I don't know. Maybe it glitches sometimes." He said.

"It can do that?" I ask in disbelief.

"Well yeah. I mean the power was a side effect right?" He asked. I nod.

"Well maybe the side effect is wearing off." He said. I had never thought of that.

"After all these years?" I ask.

"Well it could have something to do with the change in your mortal status." I yawn.

"You tired?" He asks.

"No." I answer.

"Yes you are."

"No."  He sighs, smiling.

"Goodbye Y/n." He said as he world starts to spin.

"No." I say once more before reality starts to drift together.

I snap my eyes open to be met with my bedroom ceiling.

"Ugh.." I push myself to stand up and finally do. After falling on my face...

"Stand up, check...now time to walk over to the door..." I say out loud. I move one leg after the other. Lol, this is how I feel in the mornings.