Liars and small fires

I walk out the back door and see Masky still standing against the fence. I walk past him and to the garage. Set a small fire He had told me. Ok. Will do. I walk into the garage and find a few cans of gasoline. I vary them with me in my arms as I walk back into the house.

I set all of them by the door except for one. I open that one and start pouring it on the ground as I walk through the house. Each time I ran out of gasoline I would go back to the door and grab a full can.

When I got to what I remember as Oliver's room, I realize I didn't have a lighter or anything to start the fire. I search around the room for a while before opening a bedside drawer. Inside the drawer I found a lighter and a tiny puppy collar. It looked old but not used much. It looks like it was made for stronger dogs like pit bulls or Rottweilers.

I decide to take the collar. I put it in my pocket and pour gasoline over the rest of the house. Then I run to he door, light he end of the trail, and run out of the house.

When I got to the fence I look at Masky, then I look back at the house. The fire spread easier than I thought it would and now the neighbors houses were catching flame and people were running out. I could hear sirens in the distance.

"Small fire. I said make a small fire. Does this look like a small fire to you?" He said motioning to the streets. I didn't say anything back. I was paying attention to the black haired figure running off into the woods.

"There are like seventeen ways this could have gone better. Literally I'm counting them right now." I roll my eyes and start to walk off into the woods.

"Yeah, yeah. Well I did what I was supposed to do so it doesn't really matter anyway." I say over my shoulder as he starts to follow me.

"We could have gotten caught!" He said.

"But we didn't." I say as I march into the thicker trees, leaving behind the blazing inferno. He sighs and runs to catch up to me.

I won't tell him about Oliver. It's not time yet. I won't tell anyone yet.

o̸o̸o̸o̸o̸o̸o̸o̸o̸o̸o̸o̸o̸o̸o̸o̸o̸o̸o̸o̸o̸o̸o̸

After a few hours we were back at the mansion. I never really noticed how sleepy I was until now. It was weird: Some nights I would stay awake all night without closing my eyes, other nights I just wanted sleep.

I open the door and walk into the mansion, Masky walks in behind me. I see Slender standing in the dining room with a few other people. When he sees me walk into the room he turns his head to me, a few other people do too.

"Assuming that blood isn't yours, I'm guessing it went well?" He said as more of a question than a statement.

"Ye-" I get cut off.

"No, it didn't go well. She set the whole neighborhood on fire and almost got us caught." Masky says. I shoot a glare his way, honestly I really don't care, I just want to sleep.

Toby makes a small "heh" sound when Masky mention the fire.

"Yeah, yeah, I underestimated the over all flammability of the houses. Can I go to bed now?!" I say, almost yelling. Slender sighs.

"Yes. I suppose you did your mission. You killed all the witnesses, right?

"Yes." I lie, turning around and going upstairs. As I walk away I think over and over in my head: Weather, weather, weather. So that if he was reading my mind he couldn't tell I had saved the boy.