Murder

When we get back to my house i walk into the living room and flop onto the couch running my eyes.

"Ugghhhh. Now do you believe me?" I say Aron. He walks over and sits on the couch beside me.

"I never said it was you." He said defensively.

"You never said it wasn't!" I yell at him. His eyes widen and he looks down, he can't handle being yelled at. My face softens. "Look, it's okay, I forgive you." I say gently. He smiles slightly, it's adorable, it's like he's a small child sometimes.

"Let's see if there's anything new in the news." He said, grabbing the remote.

"New in the news... I think that's kind of their job..." I say, giggling as he turns on the TV. He ignores me and turns to the news channel.

I start laughing when there was news of a firetruck that caught flame. Aron gives me a funny look.

"What's so funny?" He asks me. It took me a while to answer due to my laughing.

"It's sooooo ironic." I manage to laugh out. He looks at me, then the screen, then me, then the screen, then a therapy add in the newspaper, then me again.

And then he started laughing with me. We were both struggling to breath after a while and I went to go get some water. While I was putting the cup in the sink I hear Aron stand up. He had a worried and sad expression on his face.

"I'm gonna go home...Call me tomorrow after you know what's happening, I'm not going to be the one that tells you." He said before walking out he door. I wonder what that was about. I walk into the living room and notice the news had switched to a different scene. One in a familiar house. My parents house. A murder.

I stare at the screen but I couldn't hear what the reporter was saying. All I could do was stare helplessly at the corpses on the screen: my parents. My brain had tuned everything out. No tears came though. I just stood there. The world around me was silent and blind.

I shake my head to clear the block on my senses. I grab my camera and run up to my room. I close the door and sit on my bed, flicking on the camera.

"I...I don't know how to say this but: My parents are gone...I'm going to explain it so if you don't want to hear this then you can skip it." I say, taking a deep breath. I could recall what the murder scene looked like anytime.

"My dad..oh...he has a bullet in his head, and bruises on his face. I think he tried to fight back before getting his brains blown out." I laugh grimly  at my cruel description.

"And mom... She had gashes on her leg and neck that looked...like they came from an axe or something around that..." I sigh.

"I don't know who did this, but I think it's somehow connected to what's been happening lately." I say. Then I click the recording button and turn off the camera, taking out the full tape and getting down on my knees by my bed.

I lift up the blanket under my bed, revealing countless full tapes, some having nothing useful on them, others having very suspicious details. I put the tape with the others and refill the camera. I sigh and flip back on my bed, staring at the ceiling.