Chapter 10: Rain and Mud

Song: Yellow by Coldplay
Highly recommend; put on repeat now.

Your POV
As Ethan's grip around your waist loosened, you let go of his neck. He grabbed the papers once more and read them over again to make sure that it was true. He smiled and looked up to you.

"Did you do this?" He grinned.

"I may have said a few things to my mom." You wickedly smirked.

"Really?" He scoffed.

He embraced you into another loving hug and to be completely honest, you didn't want him to let go. You wrapped your fragile hands around his torso while he dug his face in the crook of your neck. As your face landed on his shoulder, you could feel his smile begin to fade.

"Thank you, so much. It means a lot to me." He said with his voice cracking a little.

"Of course, Ethan. I just want you to be happy." You hesitated to admit to him face to face.

"Aww you're so sweet!!" He sarcastically sang while putting his body weight onto you.

"Oh stop being a cry baby!" You teased while playfully pushing him off of you.

"Whatever." He smiled.

"So!" You began.

"So?" He asked.

"Are you ready to go outside?" You asked while pointing your thumb towards the doors that exited the building.

Ethan quickly grabbed your hand and nearly ran to the doors. You laughed while gently pulling his hand away. He stopped right after you did, and gave you a puzzled look.

"What are we waiting for?" He giggled.

"Technically our session hasn't started. I'm WAY too early, and you need to eat your 'delicious' meal." You smirked.

He sighed and slumped in his shoulders. You gave him a toothy smile as you retreated to the table he was sitting at. You returned to a confused Ethan and presented to him, your clipboard that you use for one-on-one sessions.

"If you want an early, and longer, session then I need your signature right here." You said pointing to a dotted line.

He smiled at you while taking the pen out of your grasp. His eyes quickly scanned the print as the pen still rested in his hand. He stopped reading and almost instantly dropped the tip of the pen onto the paper.

As you watched the pen dance on the "contract" you could feel a small heat rise to your cheeks. Your stomach morphed into a small pit as your legs began to feel like jello. The thought of being outside with him made your heart race.

There's always something about going outside and taking a walk, that makes people actually WANT to open up. It's not that you were afraid of what he has to say, it's about him generally opening up; and you were nervous to say the least.

"Anything else?" He asked, snapping you back into reality.

"Oh, um, no. That-that's it." You stuttered.