Chapter 37: White Rug

Song//Unsteady by X Ambassadors
Highly recommended//put on repeat

Seriously, play it when I say. It gets deep asf in here and you wanna be in the correct mood for when it gets depressing.

Okay, enjoy :)

Ethan's POV
I took an unsteady breath as my fists banged against the hardwood door. There were a few moments of silence before someone unhinged the locks and opened the door.

"Ethan?" The person said with a tired, raspy voice.

"Where's dad?" I asked impatiently.

"I'm right here, son." He said slowly as he fully opened the door; revealing his droopy eyes upon his pale skin.

I placed my hand over my mouth and quietly gasped, not thinking his sickness would be this bad. My dad stepped closer towards me and gave me a tired smile before embracing me into a loving hug.

My eyes began to sting with tears as his hands patted against my back. I swallowed the air stuck in my throat and took a deep breath to prevent me from breaking down.

"I missed you, Ethan." He said as we pulled away from each other.

"I missed you too, dad. But I didn't know you were this sick." I said as I felt my own heart begin to sink as the words escaped my mouth.

"Please, come in" he spoke as he stepped aside; still able to throw me a smile that could lighten up a room.

But his eyes told me more than anything.

With my eyes focused on the ground i tried to accept the fact how bad my dad's sickness actually was.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Mr. Dolan" i heard Y/n's soft voice as i could sense she threw him a smile at the way her voice made that cute little jump.

"Nice to meet you too uh.."

"Y/n" i spoke before she could.

She smiled at the ground as she put a strand of hair behind her ear. My father closed the door as the three of us made our way towards the livingroom.

Chills went down my spine being in this house again as my mind was running wild; telling me to leave.

With still the anxiety running trough my body i sat down on the couch, resting my elbows on my knees as i cracked my knuckles.

I looked up to see my dad struggle to sit down. Y/n noticed and went over to him; holding his arm to help him sit down.

"Thank you, Y/n." He smiled at her.

She shot him a smile in return before looking at me. I could read her eyes and was scared for what she was about to do. Slightly shaking my head, she opened her mouth; totally ignoring my quiet begging.

"I'll go check up with Grayson while you guys catch up." She said still keeping her eyes on me.

"Yeah sure, uhm, upstairs second door to the left." My dad said.