Chapter 58: "It"

Song//Atlantic by Sleeping At Last
Highly recommended//put on repeat

Ethan's POV
I was taken back so much, I nearly had an anxiety attack. I know it's been about a month since that night, but I honestly didn't think this kind of news would come so soon.

"What are we going to do, Ethan?" Y/n asked as she stared down at the object in her hand.

"I-I don't know." I said with a shaken voice.

"I don't have my own house, we both don't have a job, how are we going to provide for it?" She said with tears welling up in her eyes.

"Don't call the baby an 'it'." I sighed.

"That's besides the point." She said shaking her head.

"Before we can even think about all that, how are you going to tell your mom?" I asked.

"Shit." She huffed in frustration.

I saw a small tear roll down the side of her cheek as she lowered her head in shame. My heart grew heavy as I saw her life disappear right in front of her.

I'm not saying that having a baby leaves you with no life. I'm saying that, having a baby takes away your youth. Of course it's the parents fault for taking on this kind of responsibility, but we're too young for this.

We're supposed to stress over college and where to work; not over diapers and bottles.

"Hey, look at me." I said in a soft voice as I used my hand to gently pick her sorrowful face up.

Once she laid those beautiful eyes on me, I smiled at her in a way I never had before. I cupped her cheek with the same hand I used for her chin and she placed her hand on mine.

"I'm here. You don't have to go through this alone." I reassured her.

"Ethan...we can't. We promised each other that we'd stay friends after what happened with..." she said slowly drifting her voice off.

"Veronica. I know." I sighed, finishing her sentence.

"You know Anthony isn't around anymore. Not after what you told me about your guys' 'past' or whatever." Y/n shrugged to herself.

"Grayson moved to LA to pursue his dream of filming." I went on.

"God knows where Aubrey went, after the funeral." y/n scoffed.

"It sucks how everyone just, drifted away." I sighed.

"Yeah, a lot has happened in that last month and a half." She agreed.

"Why is it such a bad idea for me to provide for my own child?" I asked.

"It's not that at all. I just...feel guilty for keeping you to myself after everything. You know this." She mumbled in emotional pain.

"I love you. And I already love our future 'us' so why not? For the baby?" I pleaded.

"I understand where you're coming from, and your morals aren't wrong, but I just told you why I'm not comfortable with it." She shook her head.