Chapter 33: Fucked

Song//idontwannabeyouanymore by Billie Eilish
Highly recommended//put on repeat

Your POV
It's been a week and a half since Ethan found out his father had cancer. And, well, the day he reminded you of your father. You haven't thought about him in a good while...

But after you ran away from Ethan that night, you couldn't help but keep what he said in the back of your head. You had to talk about it, but not with your mother and especially not Ethan.

The only other person you thought of going to was Veronica, but she already has a lot on her plate, and on top of that, she's comforting Ethan during his fathers crisis. Grayson as well.

You felt trapped; like you couldn't talk to anyone. And even if you could, you didn't want to plop your baggage on anyone else. This was the reason why it was always tough for you to open up, but this is something you really can't bottle any longer.

Then, suddenly, you knew exactly who to go to.

*___3 Hours Later___*

"Hey, Aubrey." You said with a weak smile.

"Hi sweetie!" She said with her comforting voice as she embraced you into a loving hug.

"Thanks for meeting up. My mom doesn't know I called you, so can we keep this to ourselves?" You asked.

"Of course, pumpkin. Now tell me what's been bothering you." She said with her light country accent.

Aubrey was born and raised in a ranch by her father. Hey mother passed when she was in delivery. Aubrey worked with my mother for almost a full 13 years, but was transferred to Montana. She was like a second mother to you, and she was there when your father was around.

She told you that she was going to be moving back to town because whatever case she was working on in Montana was done, and Heritage Hospital was willing to pay big money for her to return. You assumed that she worked her ass off over there.

You told her everything that happened between you and Ethan. From your guys' beginning, to the most recent memory of him. She looked pissed.

"I'm gonna go buck wild on this bastard." She huffed.

"Please don't, Aubrey. It's best if we just leave it alone." You sighed.

"You are NOT taking his side, are you?" She scoffed out of disbelief.

"This is my situation, with all due respect, and I'd like to handle it my way." You calmed her.

"Fine, but you know I can go crazier on him than a bag of stray cats." She offered.

"I'm good, thanks." You giggled.

Damn, it felt good to giggle.

"I'm sorry, pumpkin, the country in me is coming out." She chuckled to herself.

"All jokes aside, I really need your advice." You admit.

She tucked a strand of her raven black hair behind her ear and shifted her green blue eyes between you and the ground. She gave you an uneven smile as her fair skin consumed the glow of the warm sun.