Chapter 57: Grass

Song//Saturn by Sleeping At Last
Highly recommended//put on repeat

(Seriously play this one it gets with this chapter so WELL idk if that made sense but yeah play the song)

Your POV
"I can't believe you're here. You hate grass." You giggled.

"Unlike you, Veronica, I'm all exposed with a tank top and caprice." You sighed, scratching your arms from the uncomfortable poking the annoying grass was doing.

"And before you can say it, I know I should've brought a blanket or something. I know; I forgot. You don't have to gloat about how right you were." I giggled once more.

There was a nice breeze that passed by along with a comfortable silence. As you thought about it, there never really was any kind of awkward silence between the two of you.

You and Veronica were just close that way.

You closed your eyes and took it all in. The peaceful setting. The breeze, the warm sun touching your skin, the peaceful quiet. You both knew it was always quiet when you guys walked by this part of town.

No one usually comes here anyway. Only occasionally.

"I don't mean to interrupt your 'quiet time' or anything, but I just had to say that I love you so much. And I'm sorry for taking you for granted before. Even before the whole Ethan drama." I sighed.

"But just know that you have always been so important to me. You were my first friend, and my first sister. You always stood up for me when some bully was around the corner, ready to pounce." You chuckled at the past.

"Oh my gosh, before you even say anything, remember that one time you stomped on Katelyn's back?" You laughed.

"She was chasing me with a worm and you kept telling her to stop but she didn't. Then you caught up with her when she was chasing me again one day and pushed her to the ground! You jumped on her back and made her cry. We both got in so much trouble we were almost suspended for a week." You continued to reminisce about the better days.

The days where boy drama and hospital drama didn't always exist. The days when you both would walk home everyday after school and buy some ice creams with the saved up lunch money you had.

There were a few occasions when you guys wouldn't get ice cream. But this only occurred because you would buy a lunch for Veronica when your dad wouldn't pack her lunch or give her money to buy some.

He was a cruel man. Your mother never wanted him over, so he stayed with Veronica because he didn't have anywhere else to go. A couple of years later, Veronica's sister was born and things changed.

But not for the better.

She's had a traumatic past, you don't blame her for wanting to...leave the world.

Especially so soon.

"I know I already said I love you, but I just need to say it again. I love you, so much." You said again, but with tears beginning to well up in your eyes.

"You were always there for me, even through hardships and multiple tests. I couldn't even stay loyal to you the one time I was tested." You said with a weaker voice as the tears involuntarily fell down your red cheeks.