Chapter 23: Car Ride

Song//All of the Stars by Ed Sheeran
Highly recommend//put on repeat

DON'T PLAY THE SONG UNTIL I SAY, IT'LL FUCK UP THE CHAPTER!!!

Your POV
"Mom, you need to rest and take care of your blood pressure." You insisted your mother as she got out of her bed.

It's been a day or two since your mother finally came home from the hospital, and of course the first thing on her mind is work. The doctor put her on bed rest, but she doesn't listen.

And as for you, you haven't been to the hospital ever since you found out that you were in love with Ethan. You knew you'd tell him the moment you saw him, but you thought that now isn't a good time.

"I'm fine, I can walk on my own." She said swatting your hand away from her shoulder.

You sighed in defeat and left her room; going into yours and plopping on your bed. You glanced at the time and read 8:17pm. You looked at your phone which was on your nightstand beside your clock.

A lightbulb went off inside of your head and you picked your phone up from where it was laying. Your fingers danced on the screen before you picked the phone up to your ear; anxiously waiting for the ringing to be stopped by a voice.

"Hello?" The voice answered.

"Hey, you free?" You asked.

"Yeah, why?" He chuckled.

"I wanna go somewhere. Something to get my mind off things." You sighed.

"Sure, but it's kinda dark. There really isn't anywhere to go." He said.

"The night is still young, there's probably something to do in this town." You said shrugging, even though he wasn't there to see you.

"Sure. I'm down." He agreed.

"Okay, be at mine at 8:40pm." You directed.

"Sure. Send me your address." He said.

"Thanks, Gray. This means a lot." You admit.

"I know, I'll be there later okay?" He said as a question, making sure the plans we made were solid.

"Kay, see you." You said before hanging up, and sending him your address.

You sighed and tossed your phone on your bed before sitting down and swiping your remote from beside your pillow. You flipped through the endless channels on your Television, before stopping at one of your favorite shows: This Is Us.

You smiled to yourself and clicked on it; getting ready to cry.

(A/N: Hands down, best fucking show to get deep in yo feels with. Overall a great show. Highly recommended.)

*___About 10 minutes later___*

"Aww, the Steelers beanie." You pouted, placing your hand over your heart; swearing you felt it sink.

You suddenly heard the honk of a car horn and instantly knew it was Grayson. You jumped off your bed and looked out your window; seeing Graysons bronco stopped in front of your house.