Chapter 49: Beach House

Song//The Other Side by Ruelle
Highly recommended//put on repeat

(A/N: I'm back bitches.)

Your POV
It's been at least a week since Veronica and your mother have returned from their trip, and it's been hell. Your mother is still the same, which you can usually handle, but with this whole "Ethan and Veronica" situation, you're not as strong as you usually are.

It's like they've been rubbing it in your face, and it hurts.

You knew it would hurt, but you didn't know that it would hurt this much.

It's almost unbearable.

And since you didn't know what else to do, you turned to the first person that popped in your mind.

"Anthony! Hello." You heard your mother gasp in happiness as she opened the front door.

"Hello. It's nice to see you again." Anthony greeted your mother as she let him in.

You watched from down the hall as they gave each other a small side hug before walking to the kitchen to meet you. You smiled at them both, walking towards them as well.

"Hey, babe." Anthony greeted you as he embraced you into a hug.

"Hi." You responded as you held him in your arms.

"You ready? All packed?" He asked; now letting go of you.

"Yeah, just let me go grab my bag from upstairs." You said real quick before retreating upstairs.

"Let me help you." Anthony said as he followed behind you.

After your mother and Veronica came back, you texted Anthony and told him about the situation. One thing led to another and the next thing you knew, he was asking for you back; almost begging. After a while of converting, you decided to try it out again, despite your feelings towards Ethan.

The only problem is, Ethan doesn't know yet.

Once you and Anthony entered your room, he grabbed your bag and waited for you to walk out. After you did, he followed behind you once more.

"Veronica, you ready?" You heard Ethan ask from upstairs as you made your way down.

"Yeah, just let me put my hair in a ponytail real quick. Then we can leave." She answered Ethan.

"Oh, hey guys." You greeted them both as you reached the final two steps.

They both looked to you and smiled; though Ethan's smile disappeared the moment he laid his eyes on Anthony. Veronica looked a bit shocked, but wasn't upset by his presence. Anthony laid your bag down beside the rest of the packed bags before standing next to you again.

"Anthony! How are you?" Veronica asked.

"I've been good. Better now, that I have this bug with me." He said as he hugged you from behind.

You could see the disgust and disappointment on Ethan's face as Anthony hugged you. The tension was there; you knew it.

"Ethan! It's nice to see you again, dude." Anthony smiled at Ethan, not loosing the grip his arms had around your waist.