Chapter 48: The Return

Song// EARFQUAKE by Tyler, The Creator (feat. Playboi Carti, Charlie Wilson, & Jessy Wilson)
Highly recommended//put on repeat

Play now. It's not a long chapter.

(A/N: This is a very short chapter. I'm sorry, but I'm working at a camp right now and am very busy throughout the day. The weekends are usually my days off, so I'll be trying to write within that time period. Again, I'm sorry for the super short chapter, but I'm trying to work out my job and my writing at the same time. I just need a little time and lots of support, this job can be tiring and leaves me unmotivated to write. Thank you so much for understanding, and I'll see you next time I publish. I love you guys!)

Ethan's POV
Y/n loves me...

Something inside of me already knew, like as if it wasn't a surprise. But why?

I guess I always feel special whenever I'm around her, even through our bad times. No matter how angry she is towards me, she always forgives me.

I don't deserve that.

I love y/n.

"Ethan? Hello?" Veronica's voice rang through my ears.

"Huh? O-Oh, hi." I greeted her over the phone.

"Did you hear what I said?" She said with excitement laced in her voice.

"No, what is it?" I smiled at her enthusiasm.

"I'm coming back! Only a few more minutes left, and I'll be at your doorstep." She giggled.

"That's great, V. Is that all?" I asked.

"Yeah, but why don't you seem happy about me coming back?" She mumbled.

"I am, it's just..." I trailed off, not knowing what to say.

"Oh! Shit, I forgot. Y-Your dad. I'm so sorry, E." She sighed in regret.

"U-Uh, yeah. It's okay." I said, going along with what she was saying.

Of course I'm still heartbroken over my father, but when I was with y/n last night, it all melted away. Every single bit of sorrow that traced back to me, completely disappeared.

I had forgotten all of my worries and struggles when she held me close. When she said that she was here.

When she said she loved me...

"Ethan?" Veronica said.

"Uh, y-yeah?" I said snapping myself back into reality.

"You seem busy, I'll just talk to you later." She sighed before hanging up the phone; not giving me a chance to say goodbye.

"Nice chat?" Another voice said to me.

My head jolted to my left side and saw y/n standing at my door. I picked myself up from my bed and walked to her; embracing her into a deep hug.

Her arms wrapped around my torso as she buried her face in the crook of my neck. I did the same.

"Thank you." I whispered.