FFL: Chapter Eight

∞<3∞ August's POV ∞<3∞

Any words couldn't explain how happy I was to spend some alone time with Kim. Only God knew how much I missed her. I still couldn't believe that she was standing just in front of me though. She was still beautiful and I was glad that her personality didn't really change. Of course she grew up, but I was not feeling like I had another person with me.

Now we were in my bed watching a third movie and talking at the same time. Of course, we were not going to sleep in there together. She was, but I was going to be on the couch. Fortunately, it was comfortable too. Though I really had to insist for her to accept to take the bed.

While talking I couldn't help, but admire her beauty. Mainly her lips. Three years ! But it's been more than forever. I wanted to hug her, to give her kisses and I wanted to express my love for her. Kim and I relationship had always been intense. It had never taken too much to turn on each other. It had never been difficult to make love during hours for us. Our story was as much physical as emotional. And the fact that we were best friends was another good point. But it always came that hard time where we were falling apart and one day we fell too far, that's why she left. That's what I thought, but I had never had the real explanation. But I was not about to ask her right now, it would be rude and really inappropriate, mainly that she already had her batch of problems with that other n*gga.

That guy dared to touch her. I wanted to kill him when he called her out of her name. Like, who does that ?! Urg ! I should've killed him. When we were at the bar and she was telling me everything, I had just to stare into her eyes to see all the pain, fear and anger. That n*gga put her through a lot and he was going to get it.

"We talked enough about me. What about you ? What's going on in August's life ? I want to know everything." She asked smiling. It felt great to see her in this mood.

"Uh...Where to begin with. Hmm....Well, I'd been working and working and..working." Was my answer.

She nodded her head, "Yeah, I can see it. And how are your nieces ? "

I smiled, "They're fine and growing so fast. Chay is ten , Noonie is nine and KayKay just turned eight." I responded.

"Aww. And are they still so funny ? I remember I was always laughing when we were with them."

I laughed, "Hell yeah ! And their jokes became better and better with the years. And their mom is doing good too."

She giggled, "Cool ! And what about your mom ? How is your relationship with her ? " She continued her questions.

"She finally broke up with my...ex step dad now. And she's loving the single life since then. Me and her got closer. Actually, all the family did. And it felt...awesome ! I'm happy that the situation got better."

"Aww ! I'm glad to hear that. So....No girlfriend ? " She then questioned looking at me.

What I wanted to say was that I had never been able to forget our love story and that I was miserable without her in my life. I wanted to tell her that I was still in love, but all of this wasn't my response, "Uh...no. I'm too busy with my career and it's more and more..hard to find someone."