FFL: Chapter Thirty

∞<3∞ August's POV ∞<3∞

[ Two Weeks Later ]

I put the rose next to the glass of orange juice before to make my way upstairs. I put the tray on the floor to open the door and then picked it up. I walked in the room quietly, then put the tray on the nightstand and then opened the curtains letting the sun come in. 

She moaned trying to hide her face under the pillow, but I took it out of her hands and sat on the bed. I gave her a couple of seconds to let her wake up. She rubbed her eyes and yawned before to turn around and sit up. 

"Why did you do that for, August ? For once I was having a night without nightmare." She said whining. 

I chuckled, "Well, HAPPY BIRTHDAY ! " 

She looked at me like I had three heads and suddenly her eyes opened wide in shock. She gasped with her hand on her mouth, "But...It's already my birthday, you're sure ? " She asked raising her eyebrow.

I nodded my head beaming, "Yeah, June 29th 1993, ya're born on this day and today it's the twenty-ninth day of the month of June. Har den äran ! " I confirmed using my Swedish skills. Kim taught me that a couple of years ago with others little words. Her mother side is Swedish and her mom didn't want her to lose the culture heritage, so Kim learned the language and others things like how cooking the local food. I was interested, so I asked her to teach me some things.

"Tack ! It's really nice of you. I can't believe I forgot." 

I fanned her off, "Don't worry, it can happen to everybody." I took the tray and placed it on her lap, "Here, your breakfast. Enjoy ! " 

She smiled and hugged me, "Thanks ! Hm ! It looks good." She complimented wandering her nose above. The main plate, that was in the middle, was filled with two bacon, eggs and cheese sandwiches. Next to it, there was a bowl of strawberries. And in addition she had a brown sugar cornbread with vanilla ice cream on it. And with all that, she got her glass of orange juice, "Hm ! It's delicious. Thanks again." 

I grinned, "You're welcome. Well, I'm gonna let ya enjoy your breakfast, I'll be back." I told her standing up. She nodded her head and waved her hand.

I went downstairs and grabbed my phone that was on the counter in the kitchen. I dialed my brother's number and waited for him to answer, "Where are yall at ? " I asked once he took the call.

I heard him smack his teeth, "Well, hello to ya too, lil bro ! Mama did raise us good, so do her honor at least ! "

I rolled my eyes, "Wassup nigga ! Are ya happy now ? "

"Anyways ! We just landed, and now we're about to take the car and we'll be there soon. Did ya give me the right address ? " 

I frowned, "Why would I give y- Ya know what, it's whatever ! I just wanted to know if yall made it safe. How is my niece ? "