FFL: Chapter Forty-Four

• Dedicated to FFL Readers

∞<3∞ August's POV ∞<3∞

[Three Weeks Later]

I still couldn't believe what had happened. My house burnt and Jill kept me in that old house in the middle of the wood during two weeks. Two weeks ! I didn't even know that it had been that long, but I was happy that my family found me. Now, all of that crazy shit was behind me. I wanted to move on and to think about more positive things. Life is too short to waste more time.

I hadn't told Kim about what Jill revealed in the house. She was moving forwards in her life, it was best to let all that behind us. So yeah, she will never know that Marcus - her ex abusive boyfriend- and Jill were brothers. She will never know that Marcus was hurting her because Jill wanted to punish her for not loving him back. She will never know  about all of this and it was what best for her. That chapter of her life was definitely close.

I still couldn't believe that I had proposed neither. Of course, I wasn't regretting it. At all. It's just that I did it, while I hadn't even planned it to happen. I wanted to propose, but it wasn't supposed to happen in a hospital. It was just me being spontaneous, I guess. But no, I wasn't regretting it. And I was so happy and relieved that she said yes. If she had said no, I don't know what I would've done then. But she said yes !

And everybody in our family was happy  for us. 

"Mama, when are we gonna eat ? I'm starving." I whined walking in the kitchen. Today was Christmas and we were all in Houston celebrating the event at mama's house. It'd been three hours that we were waiting and we were all hungry and ready to feed our bodies. But we could touch nothing for some reason.

She chuckled, "Aug, patience." Then said getting the drinks out of the refrigerator.

I groaned and went back in the living room with everybody else. We were all quiet and we could hear each other stomachs screaming famine. 

"Uncle Aug, I'm hungry. Can we eat ? " Kay asked sitting on my lap.

I shook my head, "No, maw maw said no."  

She frowned, "But it's Christmas, why is she torturing us like that ? "

I chuckled and removed some hair away from her little face, "She's not torturing us, Kay. Just wait. Be patient." Suddenly, the doorbell rang.

We all looked at each other wondering who it could be. We were already all there. Well, almost. I stood up, since nobody was moving and went to answer the door. I looked through the peephole and a huge smile immediately appeared on my face. Once I opened the front door, I instantly jumped in my oldest sister's arms and hugged her tightly. 

It'd been ages since I had seen her for the last time. Since she got that big promotion at her job, she was always away for work and had a crazy schedule. It was really hard to be able to spend even thirty seconds with her, that's how much she was busy. Netia was working in one of the 25 best multinational companies of the world. She even had to move from NOLA to Switzerland. Not only she was not in USA anymore, but she was also always traveling. And as everybody had busy schedule also. In short, it was really complicated to see each other.