FFL: Chapter Forty-Eight

∞<3∞ August's POV ∞<3∞

"That's crazy, huh ? " Trav asked coming towards me. 

I nodded looking at the little baby in my arms, my son. I couldn't believe it. I was finally a father. I had a son. This baby was my blood. This baby was mine. I had a child. A son. This was my son. August Anthony Alsina Third. My own Jr. My kid. And I was going to take care of him. I loved him to death. I loved him with my all. He was my everything and more. As soon as we made eye contact, I saw LIFE. My little miracle. He meant everything to me. As soon as he came into the world, he became my heart, my soul, my future. I smiled staring at him, "I luhh ya, lil man." 

Trav cleared his throat next to me, "How...is Kim ? " He asked concerned. 

I sighed trying to keep my composure. I didn't want to cry. I had to be strong for my son, my fiancé and I. I had to be strong for my family. After she gave birth to August, Kim started bleeding uncontrollably and next think I know, she had passed out. They forced me to leave the room as they tried to do their possible to save her. Fortunately, they did. But now she was in a coma. I didn't know when she was going to wake up and they couldn't tell me. I kept praying and hoping that she was going to open her eyes soon. I needed her and I was not the only one. August Third needed his mother in his life too. Jesus, please, don't take her away from us.

"She'll be okay." I answered reassuring me. I needed to say these words out loud to believe it. But I couldn't help, but to be scared.  

He patted my shoulder, "Yeah, she's gonna make it. Yall will all go back home real soon. And yall will raise baby Aug together. And...Uh...know that we'll be there for ya no matter what." 

I frowned knowing what he meant by that, "Let's just pray okay." I said feeling the water coming.

"Uncle Aug, when can we hold baby Aug ? " Chay asked coming with her sisters behind her. Since Kim couldn't hold her own baby, nobody else could. Except me, because I was the father. But I didn't want people to have the occasion to hold him, before his mother. For me the first persons who should carry the baby are its parents. Well, at least in my situation. They could just look at him, but nothing else.

"I already explained it to yall. Not until auntie Kim wakes up. Now go bother someone else." I answered her dryly, what caused them three to pout. They looked like they were about to cry, then I realized that I was a little too rude with them. I didn't mean it though. I was stressed because of the situation, "Sorry, ya'll hold him soon. Okay ? " 

They nodded their heads, "Can we at least kiss him ? " Noonie then asked. 

I shook my head sadly, "Nah..."

They sighed and walked away from me. Trav shoot me a glare that I wasn't appreciating, "Now bro, ya're wrong fa that. Just a kiss." 

"Kim, didn't even see him ! That's unfair if everybody else c-" I couldn't even finish my sentence, because I suddenly broke down.

Why was it happening to me ? It was hurting me so much to see her like that. It was too hard for me to see her in that state. I wanted her to wake up. I couldn't understand. Everything was going well, until the monitor started making that noise. When I looked at it, I wished it was just a dream, but it was reality. And when the doctor told me to get out of the room, I thought that I was about to lose it. And when I was finally out of the room, I didn't know what to do anymore. So I prayed and kept praying. And they finally told me what was going on. Now she was in a coma and I was hoping to see her wonderful hazel eyes open. I wanted to see her beautiful smile on her pretty face.  I wiped my eyes. I couldn't act this way. I had to stay strong.