FFL: Chapter Twenty-Two

∞<3∞ Kim's POV ∞<3∞

"For a moment, I thought you forgot about your old mother."

I smiled, "You're not old mum." I contradicted joining her around the table.

"I raised you well." We chuckled and took a sip of our lemonade, "So, how is it going with August ? " She then asked looking at me.

I shrugged, "I don't know...well...it's complicated."

She raised her eyebrow, "Complicated ? For who ? "

I sighed tapping my nails on the table, "For...me. He wants us to be together, but I'm not ready yet. I need to deal with myself first." I answered staring at my fingers.

"Right. You need to love yourself before to accept someone else to love you. You can't be in a relationship if you're not comfortable with yourself. So, are you going to see a therapist ? "

I shrugged again, "Maybe, but I don't feel like telling my business to a complete stranger. It's weird."

She nodded her head, "I know, but we already had done this before, for us."

"I know, but we were two, you were with me so it was fine."

She took my hands and kissed the left one, "If you want I can come with you."

"Really ? "

"Yes ! I am your mother, whenever you need me by your side, I'll be there." I smiled and went to sit on her lap like when I was a little girl. It had always been me and my mother against the world. I would've like to have a huge family, but I was happy to have just my mom. It was better than nothing.

"You know, August is the one for you." She said after a moment of silence.

I frowned, "And how do you know that ? " I asked curiously.

"The first time you brought him home, you were ten and him eleven...the way you were interacting towards each other...I don't know. You can't really explain it, but there is something strong between you two since the beginning."

"And why are you only telling me this now ? "

She chuckled, "And you would've believed me, right ? " She asked sarcastically.

I shook my head, "No, effectively." I responded then smiled.

"Yeah. You know I still have Dr.Stevens' number. It'll be easier with someone you already know."

I nodded my head agreeing with her. Dr.Stevens had been very helpful when my mother and I were not in good terms. She made us sit down and helped us to pour our hearts out to each other. We had sessions with her for a moment and we were improving our relationship every day thanks to her and when we thought that we didn't need her anymore, we stopped the sessions. Before to leave her office, she told us to call her whenever we feel like talking to her about our problems, separate or together.