FFL: Chapter Thirty-Eight [Pt.1]

∞<3∞ August's POV ∞<3∞

[ Two Hours Later ]

"So, I have some news for you." Josh said as we were settling in the living room. He had called earlier and asked if he could come and I told him yes. I was curious to hear what he had found out. 

"Did you find him ? " Kim asked with hope in her eyes. I knew it was really stressing her not to know where he was at and what he was going to do next. I understood though. It's not cool to be stalked. 

Josh shook his head slowly, "But...my team and I discovered that he has a brother, unfortunately...he's dead." 

"That's the news ? " I asked slightly annoyed. I thought it had something more juicy for us. Like who cares if he has a brother that can't help us ?! 

Once again he shook his head, "Actually, we didn't catch him, but we know where he was yesterday. Unfortunately he went M.I.A again. I think, maybe, he knows we're searching him." He said interesting me more now. 

"Where was he at ? " Kim asked with a scary voice. I pulled her closer to me and kissed her forehead to reassure her a little. 

Josh stayed silent for a moment, "Uh...in Atlanta..He was in the motel that is like twenty minutes away from here." He answered causing me to frown.

"What ?! And yall didn't get him ?! " I was getting frustrated.

"It's not that simple ! When we found out, he has already left. Listen, we underestimated that man. He's smart and moves fast. He knows exactly what he's doing. I want you two to be really careful. You need to always have company with you. Never stay alone. Mainly you Kim."  

Kim sighed, "It can't be real." She mumbled, but we heard her. 

I patted her back, "Don't worry, it's gonna be alright."

She stood up abruptly, "No ! It's not going to be alright ! We don't know where he's at ! He was here in Atlanta doing only God knows what ! August, he was like twenty minutes away from Cha and the girls, he could hurt them ! We don't know what are his next moves and he can have planned anything ! Maybe he'll kill all of us ! And all of this is my fault ! I have to leave." 

She started walking away, but I jumped from the couch and grabbed her arm, "No ! Ya are not leaving me ! Not again ! " 

She stopped walking and turned around to face me, "Aug, it can't continue like that. I'm putting you, our families and friends in danger. I don't want one of you to get hurt because of Jill...and his obsession for me ! I will never forgive myself  ! " She said with tears in her eyes. 

I calmed my nerves first or I was going to yell at her, "Kim, that won't happen." 

"You can't see in the future, Aug. Nothing is guarantee ! You're saying that, but next thing you know someone is in the hospital dying or worse, six feet under. I don't want the death of someone else on my conscience ! " She said referring to her ex-boyfriend.