FFL: Chapter Twenty-Three

∞<3∞ August's POV ∞<3∞

I opened my eyes and noticed that it was already two in the afternoon. Damn ! I stretched my arms and got up, then went in the bathroom to do my hygiene routine. After I got dressed, I went downstairs to eat my breakfast. The house felt empty without Kim. I had always been lonely in this house since I bought it, but Kim's absence was making me more feel like it. I loved waking up every morning and knowing that she had surely cooked something for me. I loved sleeping next to her at night, even if because of her nightmares I couldn't really rest. I just loved having her presence in here. Crazy that she was just living with me since a couple of days, but it seemed like it was already a couple of years. Like we had never separated. Our relationship is so weird !

I sighed and took a bowl, then put cereal in it and then some milk. I took a spoon in the dishwasher and made my way to the living room. I sat on the couch and turned the TV on. As I was about to start eating my food, my phone vibrated on the coffee table. I groaned and put the bowl on the table, then picked up my phone and answered without looking at the caller ID. 

"Aug ! " I rolled my eyes. Today I was grumpy and I didn't want to be bothered. 

"What ? " I asked sounding annoyed.

"Damn, what happened to you ? Woke up with a headache ? " I suddenly recognized Jeffrey's voice. 

"No. I didn't drink." I answered referring to the party we went to last night. Normally, I should've gone with Kim, but since she was at her mom's, I asked Jeff if he wanted to tag along and he accepted. We had fun to be honest. Well, until this broad came towards us and started shit. She was mad because Xavier, who joined us a bit later, was supposed to call her or whatever she was talking about. My homie didn't remember though, what got her more angry. She even wanted to fight X for having played her. She was crazy !

"Really ? " He asked sounding shocked.

"Maybe, just a drink or two, but I didn't get drunk." This nigga was with me though !

He laughed, "Damn ! What did this girl do to you ? You don't drink now ? Damn ! " 

I rolled my eyes, "I didn't feel like it, that's all. Damn ! Why are ya getting on my last nerves ? Anyway, what ya want ? " I asked getting impatient.

"Just wanted to know if you were good. Just checking on my lil bro, ya know." 

I nodded my head as he could see me, "Coo. Thanks, I'm good." I assured him.

"Great ! So, what's going on with you and Kim ? Oh ! Did she like the dinner ? " He questioned being nosey. As usual.

"Yeah, she liked it. And she's with her mum now." I answered feeling sad all of sudden. It didn't even pass twenty-four hours and I was already missing her like crazy.

"Why ? "

I shrugged, "She needed some space. She thought it's her fault that drama is after me lately."

He chuckled, "Females, I swear ! It doesn't exist a life with a woman without drama. Drama is their good friend that they always bring with them and us men have to deal with all of this. Life is tough, bro."

I couldn't help but laughed, "Yeah, if ya say so. But I have a question for ya though."

"What ? "

"With all these words of wisdom ya always have, why do you not have a girlfriend yet ? Like, I don't understand why I am always listening to your crazy ass about relationships, while ya're not even in one ya damn self." I said shaking my head.

"Cause you know I'm telling the truth and the only truth nigga ! "

I chuckled, "Yeah, whatever." 

We continued our conversation for a couple of minutes before to hang up. Now, my cereals had completely sank in the milk and I had never liked when it is like that. I sighed and went in the kitchen to throw it away. Then I put my shoes on, put my snapback on my head, took my keys, locked the door and I was on my way to Chandra and my nieces' house. I was too lazy to cook myself something and plus I wanted to see my angels.

I walked during fifteen minutes before to arrive in front of their front door. I rang the doorbell and waited. After three minutes, I heard the little puppy barking behind the door and people running. Then the door opened and my three babies jumped on me at the same time. I almost fell, but regained my balance immediately. 

"Uncle Aug ! I'm happy to see ya ! " Kay said excited.

I kissed her forehead, "Me too Kay-Kay." I said following them inside. We went in the kitchen where their mother was cooking a meal. Instantly, I was grinning widely.

"Hey Cha." I greeted, what caused her to turn around.

"Hey Aug." I hugged her and then sat on the counter.

"Ya know, ya shouldn't let the girls answer the door, ya never know who it can be." 

She rolled her eyes, "I knew it was you, Aug." She said with her hand on her hip.

I raised my eyebrow, "How ? " I asked looking at her like she had two heads.

She laughed, "Aug, I know it, you don't have to tell me. I already told them to always look through the peephole to see who it is and if they can't recognize the person, they come to get me and then I handle it. Don't worry, I got this ! "

I smiled, "Yeah. Sorry for doubting, but ya know how much I love them." 

She beamed, "I know. Thanks for taking care of us. But, you could call at least. If we weren't there, what would've you do ? " She asked looking at me.

"I would've gone to IHop." I said honestly.

"Fat ass ! So, you're here to eat all the food in this house ? "

I avoided to make eye contact with her looking everywhere and whistling one of my songs. Then I heard her smack her teeth. I knew she was surely shaking her head at me. 

Guilty.

____________________

Lol just a filler for yall to see what Aug is doing without Kim. Let me know what you think about this chapter.

A/N: Tell me if the story is boring please, so I can improve.

Thanks for reading !

Sorry for the mistakes.