FFL: Chapter Thirty-One

∞<3∞ Kim's POV ∞<3∞

Fortunately, the doorbell rang, because I didn't really like where this game was leading us. Not like I didn't want to kiss Aug, but I was still not ready to reach that next level with him. I was still working on myself and I wanted to be completely comfortable with my body, heart and soul before to start serious things with August. If we had kissed, he would've maybe had the wrong idea and I didn't want it to happen. 

My thoughts were interrupted when I heard some voices from the entry. I frowned wondering who it could be. I stood up and walked towards the front door to see by myself. A smile instantly appeared on my face as Travis and Tyara were carrying their luggage in with the help of August. Well, Tyara wasn't really doing something and when I saw her growing belly, I knew exactly why. 

Tyara was the first one to notice me, "Oh my ! KIM ! " She exclaimed and jumped on me to give me a big hug. We almost fall, but I regained the balance for the both of us at the right time. 

"Ty, wow ! You're pregnant ? " I asked even if I had seen her stomach. I just couldn't believe it. It showed one more time how much the time had passed by and how much I missed things while I was living in New York the worst years of my life. I realized that I regretted not to have been there for all of this. I had a good life and I messed up everything. It's crazy to think that just one mistake can destroy so much in your life. Like what you need to always think before to act.  

She rubbed her belly, "Yes. It's a girl ! Oh ! She's kicking. She must have felt your presence." She took my hand and let me feel the little kicks. It was so special. 

"How are ya lil sis ? And happy birthday ! " Trav said coming towards us. We hugged and he kissed my forehead. 

"Oh yeah ! Happy birthday ! " 

"Thanks. I'm so happy to see you." I squealed excited. 

"Us too ! Oh ! We have a gift for you." Tyara said happily and searched something in her purse, then pulled out a black box and she gave it to me smirking. 

I frowned a bit wondering what it could be and then opened it to see a magnificent golden bracelet that had my nickname on it in big letters, "Than you ! Thanks so much ! You didn't have to buy me something though, you here is enough." I hugged them both at the same time. 

"Nah, it's coo. Ya deserve it. Plus, ya don't have twenty-three years old every day." Trav said then shrugged nonchalantly. 

Suddenly, the doorbell rang again. August raised his eyebrow and answered the door. Then entered Jeffrey, his friend from New York. He had a bottle of champagne in his hand and handed it to me. I was surprised, but accepted it, "Uh..Thanks."

"No problem and happy birthday." He said smiling.

I smiled back and hugged him friendly, "Thank you. You didn't have to." 

"Kim, stop saying that and just take the gifts, girl." Aug said laughing.