FFL: Chapter Twelve

∞<3∞ Kim's POV ∞<3∞

As I was almost going in dreamland, August came in the room and slid in the bed next to me. He covered his body with the duvet and came closer to wrap his arms around my waist. My heart started speeding up a bit. I made myself more comfortable and closed my eyes trying to fall asleep. But I couldn't.

I had a lot in my mind. I couldn't stop replaying what happened in my head. I was still shocked though. August killed someone before my eyes and I was not ready for it. Of course, I had always known about his past life and what he was doing, but I had never thought that I'll see him do it for real.

I was not scared of August. I knew that he will never hurt me like that. August had always been a nice guy, but nobody should mess with him. He had never liked people trying to play him or to hurt him or the persons he loves. He had a hard life and he had always fought to pass through the obstacles. I had always admired him for his strength.

Now, I had to find a way to start a new life. I was finally free. Thanks to August. I had to find a new job to have my own money and with the cash I will buy myself a home and I'll be an independent woman again. I had not planned to stay with August forever. It was nice of him to help me that much, but I had to take my life back in control. 

I sighed and turned on my back, "Hard to sleep after a day like this one, huh ? " I looked at him for five seconds then paid my attention back to the ceiling. 

"What are you thinking about ? " I asked curiously. 

"A lot. I still can't believe what happened though. And you ? What's on your mind, ma ? "

"I also still can't believe it. And I'm thinking about my life and about what I am going to do ? " I answered being honest.

He nodded his head, "And what are you gonna do ? " He continued to question. 

"I have to find a job and all of that. I need money to buy new clothes and buy me a place and to be able to pay my bills too. I have so much to do. He really did destroy my life." I sighed realizing how much my ex-boyfriend had taken away from me. He had ruined me completely and now I had to start everything from the bottom. 

"I'm gonna help ya. Don't worry you're not alone in that sh*t." He reassured me. 

I smiled knowing that I still could trust him. It was good to know that I had someone after these years of solitude, "Thanks, Aug. But I have to do it by myself."

"It's not a problem for me. I want to help." He insisted bringing me closer to him. I could feel his tool against my butt and it was making me a bit uncomfortable, so I moved a little.

"Okay, but the big part I have to do it alone. I don't want to depend on someone else. I refuse to live that kind of situation again. I couldn't leave him because I had nothing. Nobody to go to. Not enough money to quit New York. Nothing. He was totally controlling me. I have to get my life back on track."

"I am leaving New York in two days. And I'm going back to Atlanta." He informed me, what caused my heart to jump a little.