FFL: Chapter Thirty-Seven

∞<3∞ Kim's POV ∞<3∞

"Aug, why have I a blindfold on ? " I asked for the tenth times, but he still didn't answer to my question. I didn't understand what had happened exactly. I thought we were going to see a movie and next thing you know, I have this on my face. It was starting to get on my nerves though, "August ! " Still the same result. 

After a couple more of minutes, we finally stopped, but I didn't know where we were at. I wanted to attack him with a lot of questions, but I knew it was going to be unnecessary, "Okay, are ya ready for your surprise ? " Surprise ? What was he talking about ? What was going on ? 

"What ? "

"Are ya ready or nah ? " He insisted with amusement in his voice. 

I nodded my head, "Yeah..." Then he removed the blindfold and I couldn't believe what my eyes were seeing. We were on a roof of a building and it was decorated romantically. In the middle, there was a kind of living room with a couch and coffee table. Snacks, a bottle of champagne and two glasses were settled on it. On the couch, there were blankets. in case. And then I noticed the large screen in front of us. There were candles a little everywhere to light the night. It was really cute.

At first, I'm not going to lie, I was scared to go on this trip. I kept telling myself that everything will be alright, but it wasn't helping to calm my nerves. Even Aug noticed my nervousness and try to help, but I just couldn't stop freaking out. I didn't know what was going to happen, if we were about to live another bad event or something. But I knew one thing though, and it was that I was excepting nothing that was going to arrive.

When Aug drove us to the building where I used to live, I thought that I was about to have a heart attack, but I encouraged myself and I forced my body to move or I was going to stay in the rental car forever. I needed to do this. I needed to go there one more time to move on. I found my closure. I felt relieved now and I was able to enjoy New York.

Without August, this trip would've not been the same. He was making this an incredible experience. I really appreciated all of his physical and emotional support, "Thank you. You didn't have to do this." I said as tears were coming, but I held them. It was really sweet of him.

He smiled, "It's not a big deal, ma. C'mon, the movie is 'bout to start." He took my hand and led me towards the little living room. We sat on the couch and enjoyed our night. We laughed, talked, watched the movie, kissed and cuddled.

It was perfect.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

I laughed, "This movie was ridiculously funny. My stomach hurts." I said as we were entering the hotel room. 

"I know, I told ya it was gonna be hilarious." He said putting his arm on my shoulder and I wrapped mine around his waist. 

"I'm really happy we came here. Thanks again for the birthday gift." I kissed his cheek.