FFL: Chapter Ten [Pt.2]

∞<3∞ Kim's POV ∞<3∞

What did I do ? Oh my God ! What is going to happen to me ? What am I going to do ? I can't go in jail. I don't want to go there. I heard what they do there and I don't want it to happen to me. I hadn't the choice. I had to do it or he was going to hurt me again. The pain he had already caused me was enough. I wasn't going to let him do it to me one more time. It was enough. I had to defend myself. 

"I am a murderer." I repeated still in a whisper, "No, you're not." He contradicted my words taking my hands in his. I looked into his eyes and I knew that I could have my entire trust in him. I knew he was not going to give up on me. He was going to be by my side. I knew I was not alone. I calmed down a bit and stopped crying. 

"What happened exactly ? " He asked wiping my tears. I sniffed and replayed everything in my head. I still couldn't believe that all of this actually happened. Never in my life, I had thought that I would kill a man. NEVER. I stayed quiet, feeling ashamed of what I had just done. I had taken a life away. 

"Kim, what happened ? Tell me, please." He insisted starting panicking. I took a deep breath and began to explain, "He had just hit you and you blacked out. Then I started running to hide and he followed me. Everything happened really fast then. He got me out the bathroom and began to hit me, but fortunately I got out of his grip. And I ran in the kitchen and before I could realize it, I grabbed a knife and I stabbed him. Well, I thought that I stabbed him, but actually I killed him. August, what am I going to do ? " I looked down at my hands covered by blood. I felt disgusting. 

He took my head in his hands and made me look at him, "As I said, it was self-defense. You had no choice, but to do that or only God knows what he would've done to you." He reassured me. I nodded my head and closed my eyes letting more tears fall. It was self-defense. Just self-defense. I didn't want to kill him. I didn't ! 

"We need to call the police." I said after a moment of silence. He shook his head, "No, they...They won't believe us." He said then rolled his eyes. In the past August had to deal with the police and since then, he's trying to avoid them the most possible, "August, we need to call them ! " I insisted raising a bit my voice. 

"Okay, but what do you think they're gonna do when they'll see you with the blood on your hands ? Just with that, they won't listen to us. And when they'll find out that I already have records, they won't b--" 

"August ! " I cut him off, "What are you suggesting exactly ? You want us to act like criminals and make everything disappear like nothing happened ? And I should continue to live my life like that ? " I questioned looking at him like he was crazy. Sh*t ! He was !

"Well..." I shook my head and stood up.

"Are you crazy ?! I'm not about to do that. No ! " I said raising a bit more my voice.

"Well, I don't want them to send you in jail ! " Now, he had stood up too, "I don't want them to take you away from me." He wrapped his arms around my waist pulling me closer to him.

I looked up at him and our eyes met, "Aug, I'm scared." I confessed mumbling. I wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him tightly.