Daily Routine - Mike Banning x Reader

(A/N:  BrendaDaaeDestler in case you wanna read this.)

Michael put his coat on and buttoned it up. Now fully dressed for his job, he crept out of the bedroom and down the stairs. He could hear you in the kitchen; you were frying something. He snuck up to you and snaked his hands around your waist from behind, resting his chin on your shoulder. "Hey, handsome," you smiled.

You felt him grin as he kissed your cheek, "Hi," and oh man - his already very deep voice was even more gravelly because he had just gotten up from bed. Upon noticing your face heating up, Mike chuckled and left you to concentrate on making breakfast. He drank a mug of water, then sat at the table and checked all of his gear required for his job. You soon joined him with two plates of bacon and eggs, placing one in front of him and leaving the other at your seat before going to pour out two mugs of coffee. The both of you always took it large and black in the mornings, so no addition of sugar or milk was required. "Thank you," he said as he took his mug from you.

You smiled, "No problem, love." You ate in a comfortable silence. You took the opportunity to look at his exposed chest hair from him not buttoning his shirt completely. When he noticed you staring, he smirked and took your hand in his, guiding it to where you were staring at. Needless to say, your face was on fire. He chuckled and let your hand go, finishing his food and then buttoning his shirt up. He stood up, placed his dishes in the sink, and headed to the front door, you following him to the door to see him off, like you always did. He opened the door and turned back around.

"Bye, babe," he greeted as he pulled you close to him and kissed you. You wrapped your arms around his neck and did the same.

"Bye," you breathed when you had stopped snogging. Mike gave you one last peck on the mouth before walking to his car and pulling out of the driveway. You watched the car until it passed out of sight, then you went to finish your meal, wash the dishes, and put on your nurse' uniform. After that, you turned off all the electricity before closing and locking the front door and driving your car to the hospital.

At the hospital, it was the same old thing - clocking in, then helping the doctor you had been assigned to to do his paperwork, occasionally wheeling patients to various wards, a lunch break that consisted of a cheese sandwich and a glass of orange juice, then more paperwork. You did not have surgery that day. At the end of your shift, you signed out, ready to just go home and spend the rest of your day in your husband's arms.

Back home, you sat on the sofa and read Dirty Harry, waiting for the time for when you would prepare dinner. When six o'clock rolled around, you started cooking. You had decided that you would have fish that evening. You turned on some blues music to listen to while you cooked, specifically Miles Davis. You then set the food on the table and stood in the doorframe of your front door, waiting for Michael. Soon enough, his car came rolling to a stop in the front porch. He got out and walked towards you, smiling brightly in greeting. You let him pass through the door and closed it behind him, while he went to take off his gear. He came back down just as you finished setting the table. He had come back down shirtless, so of course your face lit up yet again. You may have been married for four years, but you were still very much attracted to his appearance. Besides, he loved that you appreciated him maintaining his physique from his time in the Ranger battalion. You ate without conversation as before, since there was nothing to talk about. Anyway, the music made up for the lack of conversation. Ever the secret agent, he finished his food in under ten minutes and waited for you to finish. He washed all the dishes, you watching him with a smile.

When he was done, he took your hand and led you upstairs, where you both quietly undressed and stepped inside the shower. Here, you let your eyes wander over the rest of him. The both of you yawned and stretched, releasing all the exhaustion from your day. You showered quickly and quietly before putting comfortable sets of clothes on and climbing into bed. He had elected to sleep shirtless, which meant that you played with his chest hair until you both fell asleep.