"Ah, are you knitting me a Christmas sweater?" - 10 Days of GSR ficmas day 10

(A/N:  Merry Christmas everyone!  Here's to successfully surviving up until this point, and hoping that we will have the strength to get through 2022

(A/N: Merry Christmas everyone! Here's to successfully surviving up until this point, and hoping that we will have the strength to get through 2022.

Fyi - this fic contains mild references to No Time to Die- look Gil is canonically a Bondian and you can't take that away from me.  Anyway, subsequently, there are references to the book On Her Majesty's Secret Service, since No Time to Die is basically based on that.)

"The Mosaic Casino.  How ironic - they got my favorite rollercoaster.  I haven't been on it in years."

Sara had taken her husband's words to heart and granted his wish.  However, as she had been planning their rollercoaster date, she recalled something else he had said and could not help but wonder if those words held an underlying wish to them too.

"Ah, are you knitting me a Christmas sweater?"

Even though he had been joking, he did seem so genuinely joyful and excited.  Well.  He certainly had given Sara an idea of what to get him for Christmas.

So it was a few days after their rollercoaster ride that she asked him, "Can we stay in Vegas til after Christmas?"

They were sitting in bed, keeping to themselves with books in their laps.  At her question, Gil turned his head, raised an eyebrow and tilted his head to one side slightly.  "Sure."

A smile immediately broke out on her face.  "Great!"  Then, she quickly kissed his cheek and got up to put on her jacket.  "Gotta go!  Just sit tight; I'm gonna...set things in motion for your present to be made.  It'll take time."

As she was heading towards the door however, she heard her husband saying, "Hey, whoa, whoa!"  She turned around to see that he had got off the bed and was walking to her, his arms slightly raised and spread.  She smiled fondly from one side of her mouth; he had been left wanted more than just the cheek kiss.  She walked towards him and they wrapped their arms around each other, with him raising his arms higher so that he could use one hand to gently push her head down slightly. He placed a lingering kiss on her forehead, closing his eyes and holding her to him, one arm around her waist and the other hand on the back of her head. She slowly ran her hands all over his back, just feeling him, having her eyes closed to and taking in how he felt, how he smelt, and how his peaceful breathing sounded. After a while, he murmured against her skin, "What's the rush? We have all the time in the world - you have all the time in the world."