Messy - Sadithur Week Prompt

(A/N:  Tw blood, violence, knives and stabbing, yeah you know where this is going

(A/N: Tw blood, violence, knives and stabbing, yeah you know where this is going.  It's rather short because I didn't want to describe too much of it.)

Sadie plunged her knife into the neck of the man she had knocked to the ground; at least he died quickly. When she yanked her knife back out, the arterial spray ruined her once white shirt.  But she did not care. All that mattered in the moment was the survival of her and her Arthur. The said man was not in much of a cleaner state. His summer gunslinger shirt was heavily spotted with blood; stabbing people multiple times in the back tended to do that.  Arthur let the corpse slide to the ground.

Somebody managed to sneak up behind Arthur.  He raised his hand and was about to strike the back of Arthur's head, but a knife came flying into his neck. Arthur turned around when he heard the pierce and the man groaning to see that he had his hand to where he had been stabbed, his face contorted in pain as he dropped. Arthur took the knife out and looked in the direction it had come from; Javier. Javier and Charles were fighting with their knives as well, but they were still very clean compared to Arthur and Sadie; the latter two had always been the more...emotionally expressive than the former two.

Arthur tossed the knife back to Javier, who caught it.  Arthur then launched himself at the next man, so both tumbled in the mud - and it was raining.  He stabbed his head.  In the meantime, Sadie held someone from behind with one arm and slit his throat with the other.

The fight continued much the same way, with Javier and Charles managing to keep themselves more or less clean save for rainwater, while Arthur and Sadie fought brutally, ruthlessly - and messily.

After all their opponents were killed, they regrouped.  "God, look at you two!"  Javier exclaimed, almost laughing.

"You really give meaning to the term 'bloodbath' - and 'mud bath'," Charles snickered, looking at Arthur when he said the last part.

Arthur just put his hands on his belt, shifted his weight onto one leg and tilted his head back, coolly saying, "Well.  You gotta do what you gotta do, y'know?"  Sadie snorted and lightly smacked his shoulder.

Arthur immediately retaliated by shoving her down into the mud.  "HEY!"  She jumped up and did the same to him.

Javier and Charles looked at each other and silently agreed to move off to the side and watch.  "I can hear Grimshaw..."  Javier mused.

"Me too."