Kissing Him Better (A Better Camp David part 3) - Mike Banning x Reader

It was 2019.  Mike and you were married by now. The two of you had just returned from the clinic. The both of you had cases of migraines, body ache, and sleeping problems. And it was no wonder why. The events that had taken place six and three years ago respectively had taken their tolls on you. And now Mike was fifty, with you being forty-seven. Why the both of you were still not retired, nobody knew.

Mike and you were walking from the car to the front door.  He had his arm on your shoulders, leaning on you slightly.  Your hand was holding that of his which dangled on your shoulder.  You put the key in the lock and turned it. You opened the door. As you entered, Mike stepped behind you and remained holding your shoulder with his hand and followed.  He reached behind him with his other hand and closed the door.  Since he had space again, he stepped beside you and placed his arm back to where it had been on your shoulders.  The both of you walked up to your bedroom.  He was the first to lie down, but only halfway.  He has his back on the bed while his legs dangled off and his feet touched the floor.  You sighed, taking off his shoes and dragging him further up.  You took off your own shoes and lay next to him, flat on your back as well. He lazily wrapped the arm that you were on around you. "This isn't good," he muttered.

"What isn't?" you asked, turning your head to look at him."

"We're slipping," he mumbled still, eyes closing halfway; he was feeling a bit down.

You turned onto your side and nuzzled him, then kissed his cheek. You wrapped your arm around his waist and your leg around both of his. "We're getting old. It happens to us all. I told you I'd retire when you did, remember?"

He sighed and turned his whole body to face you. "And I told you you don't have to wait on me. You can leave whenever you want."

You put a hand on his cheek. "I did also say that I want to always be there with you, for you.  Whatever you go through, I want to suffer it with you.  And I will.  You will never be alone."

He just stared at you lovingly, at a loss for words.  His voice when he finally spoke was a bit strained with emotion.  "Alright.  I'll pass on the directory to someone else.  This fishing trip with Allan will be the last we serve him.  After that, we're retirees."

"Somehow I don't think that will happen. Knowing you," you smiled.

He laughed through his nose and then bumped it against yours.  "When have you known me to go back on a promise I made you?  That is...if something doesn't happen.  It seems like something happens every three years."  He sighed at the last part.

You let out a grunt. "Yeah, sure does."

"I hope we're ready for if something happens..."

"We can't be, Mike. There's no telling what it will be."

He rolled the both of you over so that he was on top of you. "You know what. Let's not think about that right now. Let's just focus on the here and now, and each other."

You smiled up at him. "Sounds good to me." And with that, he closed his eyes and leant down to kiss you, smiling as well. Your eyes fluttered shut when his face came even closer to yours, and your hands came up to hold the back of his head when he kissed you.  His kiss was tentative and held back.  "Here, allow me sweetheart," you said to him.  It was your turn to roll the both of you over.  You kissed him more firmly, allowing him to relax and hold you, his hands on your upper and lower back.  He needed it more than you did, and you were happy to give him the affection he craved.  You stroked his hair with one hand and held his cheek with the other.

When you both needed to breathe, you moved to kiss the rest of his face.  His forehead, cheeks, nose, chin, and every area of skin in between.  You could feel his skin heating up under your lips, and you smiled.  You moved on from his chin to kiss all along his jawline.  He sighed shakily and breathed, "You're kissing me a lot."

"Mm," you hummed against his cheek near his ear, then nuzzled it, making him gasp.  "I know you need it."  At your words, he gripped you tightly, his fingers digging into your skin on your back.  You chuckled.  He brought you to face him and kissed you again.