Soothe - Mike Banning Self-Comfort Fic

(A/N:  AudrieBryant When you can't sleep, writing comfort fanfiction is a good soother apparently.  I actually haven't slept in five days, but I wrote it as two days here to be more suitable {because Mike would definitely force his girlfriend to stay home and sleep if she was feeling as shitty as I am right now after not sleeping for that long}.)

It was...not a good day.  I had not slept in 48 hours (despite always being in Mike's arms), and thus I felt terrible. On the first day, I was still more or less okay, so Mike let me come to work with him. Today, I was kind of lethargic, so he offered that I could take the day off and try to catch up on sleep. However, I told him that I wanted to go to work, that I had to do my job; being Secret Service was never easy, and I had to stick it out.

Currently, we were stationed outside the meeting room where the presidential manifest was conferring.  I was standing facing a wall to keep out of everyone's way, arms crossed, and was grumbling to myself, because I felt miserable.  I felt a pair of arms, that I knew to be Mike's, wrap around my waist from behind and pull me into him.  "Hey," he said in a soft, gravelly voice as he rested his chin on my head with his eyes closed.

  "Hey," he said in a soft, gravelly voice as he rested his chin on my head with his eyes closed

(A/N:  Mike "I must smooch my wife" Banning

(A/N: Mike "I must smooch my wife" Banning. They are the cutest ever, I swear.)

As if a switch was flipped, my mood immediately changed from being gloomy to being flustered and shyly affectionate. "H-hey," I responded as I flinched a little, but not enough to hurt him. My voice was high, my face was blushing, and my heart was palpitating. I put my arms over his, and interlaced my fingers with his. The other agents took notice of my change in demeanour. Some were pleasantly surprised, and some were grinning at the sight of the only resident couple other than Ben and Margaret.

He lowered his head. When his lips were right by my ear, he asked, "You feelin' better? Hmm?" He deliberately made his voice deeper, and when he finished speaking, he continuously rubbed his beard against my neck. He also put a hand over my mouth to mute the sounds I was making. My eyes were squeezed shut and I was producing noises that were...less than child-friendly to hear. I was also blushing even harder, my head was tilted back a little, and my fingers were gripping his arm so tightly that my fingers were white. He dragged his beard up until his lips were touching the shell of my ear. "Yeah...you're better." Needless to say, I was out of commission. Then, in a sudden act of chastity, he straightened up and put his chin back on my head. "Hey, listen. After work, I'll take care of you okay?  Make sure you're relaxed 'n can sleep."  He took his hand off my mouth so that I could respond.