2: Picked Up

The Villain~~~

The distinctive sound of humming broke through his consciousness as he faded in and out of awareness. The tune wasn't exactly familiar, but it resonated with him nonetheless. He's always enjoyed music but was rarely allowed to indulge in appreciating it. 

He even half opened his eyes and thought he saw an otherworldly beauty humming and leaning over him. 

Am I being prepared for reincarnation by some celestial deity? 

He sank back into darkness.

As he regained some awareness he thought it more likely he was being robbed. He willed his body to move and attempted to call on his chi. Every pathway felt like blades pulling through them, reminding him his cultivation has been destroyed. 

He also remembered he has nothing left that could be robbed. Everything was stripped from him. He couldn't move or speak so he just stared without emotion at the beauty before him. He had no desire to be saved as he did not feel any fear of dying. 

He only felt a bit of enjoyment from the humming of the beauty as they worked. He thought it wasn't bad to listen to and didn't want it to stop.

The Beauty~~~

Hmmm, not bad. Not bad at all. This guide is very handsome. Fine features, silky long hair and a tall, strong body. It'll be good to have such a nice view as I repair my system. 

As he worked he noticed the man had opened his eyes and was simply observing him.

I like the look in this child's eyes. Cold and still as icy pools. No desire nor pride in them. Only reflecting my own image. This one has no further expectations of his life. This is perfect for my uses.

He carefully removed all scars and marks that could identify the man. 

It would be irritating if someone tried to claim what's become mine. There sure are a lot of marks though, so troublesome. Just how many people did you anger over your short little life child? 

All in all, he's very satisfied with the goods he picked up today.

Work hard and guide me well. 

A/N To be clear, the villain's appearance is of late teens early twenties. The beauty calls him "child" because he himself has been traveling worlds with his system for many hundreds of years and sees most others as youngsters. Also, he is looking down on the man by calling him like this. Oh and yes they will have names as soon as they actually speak to each other and introduce themselves.