3: Leave Your Past Behind

"Are you very familiar with this forest?" The beauty asked as he glanced at the late afternoon sky.

"Not familiar." 

"Tsk tsk," the beauty clicked his tongue. "To be killed so brutally, left in the open in an unfamiliar wood. A certain man was deeply hated. Very pitiable."

 "En." The guide agreed.

"This is nothing to concern us though. A humble guide and this honorable gentleman will be on our way." The beauty pointed east knowing from his earlier scans that the nearest human settlement was in this direction. 

"Lead the way." The beauty waved his hands at his guide.

The guide easily stood and walked east without any trace of his former wounds, without any trace of his former self. The beauty had clearly expressed his intention to leave the past dead in the forest. The guide was agreeable to the idea.

"Impressive healing abilities." The guide said. Even my oldest scars are gone

This was a statement without any gratitude, merely an acknowledgment of the beauties formidable medical skills.

"It's good that you noticed child. This esteemed gentleman has many excellent abilities, medicine is but a trifling one."

What an arrogant man. He does seem to have the skills to back up what he says though. The guide thought.

The beauty followed the naked man for the time it takes an incense stick to burn, enjoying the ripple of his muscles under his skin as he moved. The perky butt and wide muscular shoulders made for excellent scenery. A chill wind blew and he noticed the man shiver a bit.

"Stop for a moment." The beauty commanded.

The beauty was well prepared for system malfunctions, this isn't the first time it has happened. His personal space was accessible without the system so it was loaded with clothes, food, valuables for trade and other useful items.

He handed his guide some simple robes and footwear.

After considering for a few breaths of time, the beauty decided on an appropriate name for himself suitable for this world's setting. Not much more consideration was needed to decide the other man's name. 

"Call me Sen Jia and you shall be called Sen Shuai." A shared surname with the meaning of tree or forest seemed good to him as they met and began their journey together in the forest.

"En," Sen Shuai agreed to the new name without hesitation.

Sen Jia began to sing as they traveled through the dense woods. Sen Shuai slowly lead the way east in silence, content to listen to the heavenly voice. 

A/N The meaning of the names. 

Surname: Sen 森 ( sen / sēn ) meaning tree or forest 

Shuai  帅 handsome, smart, commander in chief, good-looking, attractive 

Jia  佳, 家
 meaning good, auspicious, beautiful, meaning home, family

To Sen Jia himself, he writes it as 佳. Sen Shuai will later think of him as 家.