44: Similarities | Mature Content

Warning NSFW / mature content in the second half of the chapter

~~~The Beauty, Sen Jia

Jia woke up before Sen Shuai. He lay on the bed staring at the ceiling deep in thought.

Commander......

Where did you go?

All this time I've searched. I've found all the rest, our entire regiment. I made sure everyone's souls had come out of that in one piece. We are all waiting to greet you, commander. How long must we wait?

We want to see you.....I want to see you...

Jia covered his eyes with his arm, a few tears dampened his sleeve. It wasn't long until they stopped, he breathed deeply and relaxed.

I was told our souls weren't destroyed at that time because we are all so strong. I know you made it too. You are the strongest. Emotionally, physically, mentally you are the strongest in every way. It isn't possible your soul was weak back then.

So, where are you?

Jia turned at the sound of fabrics moving against each other next to him. Sen Shuai was beginning to stir in his sleep, he would likely wake up soon.

Jia smiled softly. They're pretty alike. Both are stoic and stone-faced, protective, strong and brave. Guess this is my type.

He gently brushed the hair across Sen Shuai's forehead with his fingertips. His eyes met the other's as they blinked a few times and opened. Little Shuai looked confused. 

Jia tilted his head and smiled. "Good morning!"

Sen Shuai stared intently at Jia for a moment before he spoke. "Sen Jia?" He gripped Jia's arm.

"Yes." Jia nodded as he spoke.

"It wasn't a dream? I'm Sen Shuai?" His hold on Jia's arm tightened.

"Yes. Don't worry, little Shuai, it's disconcerting getting used to life as a system user. Ask me anything anytime and I'll help." Jia patted his hand.

"En." He relaxed his hold but didn't release Jia's arm.

A patter of rain was heard striking the roof above them. The few drops were followed by more and soon the rain fell heavily, battering the roof. It muffled any other sound, closing them in. The storm outside created a feeling that only they existed and time had stopped. The cold seeped into the old cabin and their chilled bodies instinctively sought the other's warmth.

The two listened to the rain that seemed to be trying to wash them all away. 

"Let's spend another day in bed." 

"En."

Jia examined Sen Shuai's wound and found the amount of healing to be satisfactory. He put a dignified look on his face, stood up on the bed straight-backed, raised his chin and spoke in a calm professional tone.

"This great and reputable doctor has determined that today you are well enough for those vigorous activities you were asking about before." 

He was only wearing a long, high collared button shirt, greatly lowering his attempt at playing a reputable doctor. He further ruined the image by breaking into a wolfish grin at the end.

Sen Shuai's eyes traveled up Jia's slender thighs, his adam's apple rolled up and down. The heated gaze continued up the carelessly buttoned shirt. "Good," he said softly.

Jia's body shivered in the cold air, his hardened nipples noticeable through the thin material. "Little Shuai, warm me up."

"En." That heated gaze was boiling hot now. Jia almost felt warmer just from being looked at.