24: Thank You

Sen Shuai walked along absently with the group led by his father. He was thinking over all the oddities of Sen Jia's behavior and abilities. He barely noticed when the group stopped in front of a building that seemed to be missing half of itself. 

He stepped back when he saw a large seal similar to the one that had drained the acolytes. Remembering Sen Jia's warning, he tried to back away further without being noticed, but just then his father glanced at him. A dangerous glint passed through that man's eyes.

"You're not going anywhere, Song Min. This is what I brought you for. It will be your great honor for your blood to open the final seal. Rejoice to know from this day on our Song Clan will become an unstoppable power to reshape the world." 

~~~The beauty Sen Jia

Shortly after Sen Jia entered the space he received a new message from Sen Shuai. 

(I'll be going on ahead, Jia.) A deep sadness passed through the connection along with Sen Shaui's words.

Sen Jia stood frozen in place. {What do you mean little Shuai?}

(You gave me happiness...Jia. Thank you.)

{Shuai... Sen Shuai! What's happening?} Sen Jia was frantically yelling through their connection.

{Seventh! Did you find the entity? Where is it? I need to go there now!}

Seventh immediately transmitted the data collected about the space into Sen Jia's mind showing one large spot of energy surrounded by the group of cultivators.

~~~third-person omniscient point of view

To say Sen Jia moved isn't quite right. 

He forcefully dragged the data of where he wanted to be to himself in that instant. The space rippled and began to fall apart at the edges from the strain. To the cultivators at the seal, nothing much seemed to happen but suddenly a beautiful man was standing next to the bloodied body of Song Min.

All of Sen Jia's usual grace was gone. Sen Jia's whole body was shaking as he lost strength in his legs, falling bonelessly to the ground. He called out with a cracking, anguished voice, "Shuai..."

Through the jade loop connection, Sen Jia felt Sen Shuai die. He was a step too late, the soul was already gone. None of his miraculous healing ability could do anything now. 

Cracks began to form in the air around Sen Jia.

[Administrator! You'll break this space if you don't stop.]

{That's good. I'll break it apart. It's already crumbling anyway.} 

[Aministrator, we have Sen Shuai's soul signature from giving him partial access. I can find him. Don't break this space while you're still in it. I could lose the trail in the chaos.]

{Find him for me Seventh.} The cracking stopped and Sen Jia even focused a bit of energy on keeping the space together longer to give him some time to vent.

Sen Jia took his eyes off Sen Shuai for the first time since arriving at the scene. Each cultivator present felt frozen to their core when Sen Jia's eyes meet each of their's in turn.

Only Grandmaster Song had some courage left in the face of this strange man suppressing them with his ferocious aura.

"Who are you? This is a sacred ceremony, you have no business here." He speaks with some confidence, certain that the seal will open and grant him it's immeasurable power any moment now. 

They had all felt it when the seal reacted to Song Min's blood. The Qi essence of everyone present had been absorbed by the seal at that moment. Thankfully, it stopped short of killing any more of them. The situation could still be dangerous for them since there was no life in the space to replenish their Qi from as long as they remained inside.

A spray of blood from Grandmaster Song's left caught his attention for a moment but Sen Jia had already left so all he saw was a slumped body. He turned at a startled shout behind him to see another of his collaborators fall, again Sen Jia was already killing the next person by the time Grandmaster Song looked over. 

In a few breathes time no one was left standing but Grandmaster Song and Sen Jia.

The Villain Sen Shuai, Song Min~~~

There was nothing. He felt no form, no movement, nothing physical. 

Nothing...but his thoughts of Sen Jia.

Until an unnatural voice sounded out, rising from the heavy silence as deep and dark as ink.

|Want to live?|

(....)

|Want to live for him?|

(Want.)

|System Nil initializing...error...unknown code...intergrating...initializing...transferring...error...|

(...Jia...let's meet again...)

A/N ....So... I thought it's about time to travel to another world. Also, Sen Shuai being more equal to Sen Jia as a fellow system holder appeals to me rather than him being an apprentice. Still sad to see my precious character die though. (ಥ﹏ಥ)