57: Legacy

"You sour pussedold man!" An old gentleman slammed his palm on the table, causing it to shake violently. The other man gracefully swept his tea cup up before it tilted, taking a small sip as though nothing was amiss.

"Tsk, please maintain some decorum as the master of your house." He spoke lazily after savoring his mouthful without lifting his eyes from his tea.

"Decorum my ass! Just why is my little grandson fighting spirit beasts with your soldiers?"

"Because he's a hot-headed troublemaker like his grandfather." He finally turned his gaze to the old gentleman with a feeling of sizing the other man up.

The old gentleman paused about to respond. His mouth opened and shut twice, his angry red face calming a few shades closer to normal. "Well, that's true." The gentleman slumped back into the cushy chair behind him.

"Just what is that stinky brat thinking?" The old gentleman softly sighed.

"Here, see for yourself." The other man tossed over a folder of reports. "His ideas and performance are outstanding."

"Of course he's outstanding, he takes after me." The old gentlemen began to casually leaf through the documents. The more he saw, the more intently he read.

"Takes after you? So you're very close to the child?"

"Naturally."

"Yet he followed my grandson and reported his ideas to my son." The tea cup positioned near his lips did nothing to hide his smirk.

For a moment, the old gentleman had a face of eating bitter medicine. 

"Ah, my mistake. Not followed, eloped wasn't it?" The gossip of the elopement letter left behind by Qin House's young master had become the current hot topic among the populace. Partnering famous people was a popular hobby of many in the republic. Even these two elders had a long time following of die-hard shippers.

The old gentleman quickly swallowed his resentment, waving his hand. "That was just an inside joke don't mind it."

"I wouldn't particularly mind it; they are both excellent." 

The old gentleman raised an eyebrow in surprise at the implication.

"That aside, his training regime is unique but stable and has good results. This new field medic position has important applications in the upcoming battle. You've seen the reports about the extremist's movements?"

The old gentleman frowned and nodded his head slightly. "I have, old friend. The reports are indeed alarming. Is it certain?"

The two old men set aside their bantering and got serious.