21: Family Reunion

The entrance to Mount Taihang Sect consisted of complex arrays and deadly traps. Shi Tao was very familiar with the correct path though, so they barely slowed down as he headed for the peak. It only took the time needed to brew a pot of tea before they stood at the massive doors of the clan hall.

Shi Tao set Song Min down and untied him, thinking it was far too late for him to resist now. The spacious entry hall seemed empty it was so quiet when they entered. 

Song Min strolled through regally with Shi Tao behind him as if it was any other time he returned from a mission for the sect. They passed through the main hall and entered a long hallway leading to the smaller meeting hall.

Every member they passed dropped to one knee in respect to Song Min. These regular members of the sect had been horrified at the loss of Song Min to the righteous sect. Most know nothing of the conspiracy involved. Only a few high-level members bearing a certain marking are aware of the truth behind Song Min's near death.

Seeing that Song Min had survived his ordeal greatly increased his already high standing among the disciples. The atmosphere of the sect was running high as he advanced toward his father's private hall.

At the end of the hallway, another pair of large doors were opened for Song Min and Shi Tao to enter.

"Grandmaster." Shi Tao respectfully bowed and greeted the clan head and true leader of the sect.

Song Min merely stood, without so much as a flicker passing through his eyes.

His father was much the same, barely acknowledging the presence of the two men as he went about his business. Leaving them standing for the time it takes to burn a heavy stick of incense.

{Little Shuai, still walking?}

(Arrived.)

{Where? I can meet you.}

(Mount Taihang.)

{Wow, that's pretty far. Having a family reunion?}

(Yes.)

{Be good little Shuai. I'll arrive soon.}

There was an almost imperceptible twitch of Sen Shuai's jaw. (Do not come here, Jia) 

{I won't leave you with those savages. You are mine.}

(I am yours.) Uncomparable joy and contentment filled him. (Don't come here.)

Without looking up from the scrolls on his desk, Song Min's father gave his orders to Song Min. He thrust out a scroll containing his chosen cultivation method. Song Min didn't move a hair. Shi Tao quickly stepped forward and retrieved the scroll on his behalf.

"Since you survived, you can be of use again. Go to the medicine pavilion, use whatever pills deemed necessary. Then you will begin following the method detailed in that scroll." The man waved in dismissal as though it was certain he will do as told.

"No." Sen Shuai would no longer follow anyone but Sen Jia.

The air in the room seemed to condense with shocked rage. Song Min (Shuai) has been thoroughly trained to never disobey his father, no matter what he is told to do. 

The man raised his head, looking at his son for the first time since he personally crippled Song Min's cultivation and left him to be killed by his cohorts.

"To think you would court death by daring to say no to me. I'll give you one more chance, will you obey?"

"Will not."

A/N Sen Jia expressly told you to be good little Shuai. Provoking the real villain isn't being good.

ಠ~ಠ