13: Matching

It wasn't long until they would reach the cultivation sect. This night would be the last for the group to be together. By afternoon tomorrow, the group would separate.

The young maiden plucked up her courage and presented a gift to the two gentlemen that had saved her life. 

She felt it was easier to approach the lovely fairy Sen Jia. He often spoke to everyone and even enthralled them with his singing. The cold and aloof Sen Shuai looked ready to kill anyone but Sen Jia.

"If you please, could you accept this meager gift as my thanks for rescuing me. I have only this small ability with creating jewelry." She humbly bowed her head as she presented a polished wooden box.

Inside, a pair of delicate white jade loop earrings shimmered in the light. Sen Jia gladly accepted the girl's appreciation. They were of a very good quality. The girl was actually skilled. 

"I won't keep you, I'm afraid your handsome gong is already eating vinegar. Also, I wanted to wish you and your lover happiness in the future." With that, the girl blushed and ran off.

Little Shuai is my gong? He looks over at Sen Shuai who is giving off a deadly aura. Oh, he does look the very picture of a vinegar eating gong. How adorable!

{Seventh, are these earrings suitable for system conductors?}

[Yes Administrator.]

{Great, install the same settings as the jade scroll.}

Sen Shuai The Villain~~~

Sen Shuai was seething nearby. He didn't hear anything the girl had said. Sen Jia hadn't told him what he had overheard the girl say yesterday either.

"Little Shuai," He waved him over. "come, come. There is something."

Shuai walked over in a dark gloom.

Sen Jia reached to his ear and with a small pinch, poked an earing high on the upper arch of his ear. 

"Did it hurt?" He carefully stroked Shuai 's tender pink earlobe. "This is better than the scroll." He held the matching jade loop out for Shuai to see then places it into his own ear.

"With these, it will be easier to communicate. That scroll is too clunky and noticeable. The little lady gave it as thanks for saving her. Also, to wish us happiness in our future."

Sen Shuai felt complicated as he touched the loop in his own ear, gazing at the matching one Sen Jia was wearing. 

He didn't like accepting a gift from the girl he thought might be a rival. But Sen Jia's touch on his ear set him on fire. The fact that they now had matching jewelry was also very good. Maybe the girl wasn't so bad, especially since after tomorrow they would never see her again.

A/N That area of the ear is called the helix according to Google.