TWO: Birds of a Feather

*(Y/N) POV*

My arms prickled with goosebumps as I finally reached the large, silent park. The night air was freezing, but all I had to cover myself was a worn-out singlet and tatty (F/C) sweatpants. I'd used part of my earnings for the evening to purchase some bread, butter and a block of cheese, along with two big bottles of water and two warm coffee cans. I swung the plastic bag in the air as I approached the scrawny lump on the closest park bench and cleared my throat.
"Ojiisan, I come bearing gifts!" I announced, rather loudly, and the familiar lump stirred a little; spluttering a phlegmy cough as it sat up.
"Well, if it isn't my favourite little Songbird! You really don't have to be so kind to an old hobo like me." He gave me a warm, caring smile and I reciprocated. Akitsugu was the first and only person who had actually given a damn about me when I was kicked to the streets. He was well into his seventies, with long, unruly silver hair everywhere but the top of his head, which shone like a polished egg. He had shared what little food he had with me, and always made sure to keep me out of harms way. If anybody deserved to be called a hero, it was Akitsugu. Now that I had somewhat of a job, I wanted to take care of him. He was the closest thing to family that I had, and I needed to keep him healthy.
"I know I don't have to. I want to. Now, how about you use that mouth of yours to eat instead, 'Kay?" I handed him one of the two cans and sat the food down between us; carefully beginning to prepare the elder man his meal.
"You deserve so much better than this, Songbird..." He sighed; bowing his head as I handed him a sandwich.
"So do you, Ojiisan. It won't take long until I can afford to get us out of the park, though! I'm close!" I pumped my fist; smiling wide. I had to keep telling myself that, for both our sakes. Akitsugu used to try to make ends meet by selling flowers to people walking down the street. That was his quirk; Florist. He could create the most beautiful flowers from the palms of his hands, but not many people were willing to purchase anything from a scraggly old man on the sidewalk. Nowadays, his flowers had lost their vibrancy; always appearing slightly wilted and sad. I wanted to keep him bright, even if his quirk was failing him. The worst part of the situation, though, was his physical health. Over the last few months he had developed an awful cough, and he couldn't move about for very long without having to take a break. I was worried about him.

"You really are an angel, my little Songbird. Thank you for caring for somebody like me." He patted my knee with his arthritic hand and I sighed softly. I hated being called an angel, because I was far from it.
"You know, apparently the local soup kitchen is giving out free blankets and stuff tonight...I could go and get one for you if you'd like?" I offered; tearing off another chunk of cheese to pop into my mouth.
"Oh, no, my dear. I need to get these old bones of mine moving unless I wanna end up like the ol' Tinman!" He laughed; a slight wheeze blowing through his teeth. "And knowing you, you'll be wanting to take one of your bird baths in the fountain, so I'll give you your privacy. Just be careful of-"
"Of loose-belted, no good, disrespecting perverts. I know, Ojiisan, I know." I giggled softly; holding my arm out for support as he began to lift himself up from the bench.
"That's my Songbird." He smiled again; his crows feet creasing like the cracks in aged cement. "I'll see you in the next few days, okay? Take care of yourself." There was a faint pang in my heart as I watched him begin to hobble away, but I had to admit his stubbornness.
"You too, Ojiisan. Love you!" I called out, and he turned his head as much as he could to give me another grin.
"Love you too, Songbird!"

Just knowing I can help him with what I'm doing...that's enough...It's completely worth it...

---------------------------------------------------

Once I had stashed my food away, I had stripped down to my underwear and climbed into the fountain. It was colder than a polar bear's toenails, and my teeth were chattering enough to make my jaw ache. I kept a sharp eye out for passers by as I relentlessly scrubbed the glitter from my (S/C) skin, and it was all well and good until I was certain I felt eyes on me.