THIRTY THREE: Nowadays

***TIME SKIP***

"...and THIS is for honking my tit, you skeezy prick!" I ignored the cramp in my leg as I kicked out, again making contact with the fleshy cheek of what I would certainly call a villain, sending him flying across the pavement.

"Wow, you've really been working hard, SB!" Shinpi whistled, walking up beside me with his hands on his hips. "That may have been a little harsh, though...You feeling okay?" Nodding, but certainly not smiling, I stalked over to the man I had beaten down, prodding him with the tip of my boot.
"Peachy...and I think he fucking deserved it..."

Oh, I really thought he deserved it. The creep seemed to have some sort of elasticity quirk, wandering around in nothing but a trench coat, using said power in areas that really shouldn't be stretching out the way they had. When something like that wraps around your wrist, no act of violence seems too far.

As my gimp-suited protégé moved to cuff our assailant, and I watched on, feeling my anger begin to dissipate. It had been two months since the incident we refused to speak of, and things were still feeling out of place. I had gotten back to work much quicker than anybody had anticipated, and taken on much more than was needed. Hawks seemed to have bigger fish to fry than his usual duties, so I picked up the slack. I had even gone so far as to help out with Best Jeanist's agency every so often, as he was still hiding himself away from the public, recovering slowly but surely.

My relationship with Hawks was still kind of rocky. Of course, I understood that duty called, and he always took his days off to spend with me, but they were few and far between, and we often ended up using that time to make appearances or check on how our homeless refuge was going. We had named it Guiding Flight, and it currently housed over thirty people in need. Life was busy, and it felt like it was the best thing to keep my mind from sinking back into the darkness that loomed overhead.

"What's next on the agenda?" Shinpi asked, already having called the authorities to pick up our third catch for the day. "It's about time you clocked off, isn't it? I could deal with the paperwork for this bitch, if you have plans?" Patting him on the spandex-clad shoulder, I smiled a little, hoping he didn't notice that it was kind of forced.
"That would be pretty great, man. Hawks gets back today, and before that I have some errands to run. You can always just give me a call if something happens, okay?"

At this rate, it may as well be my agency...

Giving me a dorky salute, Shinpi chuckled, waving me off with his free hand.
"I know, I know! Off with ya! He's been gone for ages, hasn't he?" He asked, and I nodded a yes as I activated my quirk, nearly blinding myself as my solar wings folded forwards, a little too close to my face.
"Yeah...Two weeks..." I sighed, quickly changing the subject. "Anyway, I'm gonna jet over to see flames for brains, so when you get back to the office don't let Washi take any more photocopies of his sack, 'Kay?" With that, I lifted off the ground with a thrash of my wings, starting off in the direction of a cranky behemoth.

"No promises!"

-------------------------------------------

*Knock Knock*

Endeavor looked up from his paperwork and over to the window, where I hovered patiently, motioning to the latch in a silent request for entry. Standing up, the burly man walked over and unlocked it, sliding the glass aside so I could step in and deactivate my quirk.

"Sorry to barge in." I gave him a bit of a smile as I stretched, walking towards his desk ahead of him.
"You already informed me that you would stop by, though I would have expected you to use the front entrance, like a normal person." Endeavor sighed, his chair creaking as he sat down. "That boy of yours really is a questionable influence..."