TWENTY THREE: Butt

In the following weeks, Hawks still wasn't at home much, but he was hovering a little more than usual. Scratch that, it was a lot.

If he wasn't by my side, somebody else had to be. Be it our sidekicks, our dear, stoic intern, or Best Jeanist; I felt pretty damn suffocated by it all. It was getting rather stressful, considering we chose to postpone the wedding. Something about a 'Germaphobic Mob Boss', as Hawks told me, causing too much disruption. He wanted us to 'get hitched without a hitch'. A slight push back turned into a long one, and I was now over fifteen weeks into impending motherhood.

The pregnancy symptoms weren't too crash hot, either. Vomiting, constipation, the frequent urge to piss an ocean. I had even found myself crying over Patricia VII when it got stuck under the couch.

"I got those (F/Baked Good) you wa-" Hawks literally dropped the plastic shopping bag and sprinted over to where I was sobbing amongst a nest of cushions and blankets. "Are you okay?! Did something happen?!"

I peered up at him with bloodshot eyes and snorted back a glob of snot that had threatened to ooze out of my right nostril.
"Sh..she was probably so scared...It's dark and dusty down there and she c..couldn't get out...s..so I sc..scraped her out with the broom..." I sniffled, and that's when he noticed the still-active Roomba nestled in my lap.

"Y'know...I love you more than anything in this world, Sunshine...but what the actual mcfuck?" Hawks let out a heavy sigh and removed the little machine from my lap; handling it like it was going to shred his digits. Once it was on its way, he laid his head down upon my stomach and planted gentle kisses on my stomach, which was already stretching out and causing me to lose sight of my own toes.

This is utter hell...but I love him...

"I actually wanted to talk to you about something..." Hawks hummed as he poked the tip of his nose into my naval, making me whine in complaint. "You gotta promise not to get mad, 'kay?" The fact that he had to say that made me incredibly suspicious, but I nodded slowly.
"Sure...what?"

You better not have murdered another one of my Roombabies...Patricia II already met such a grizzly end...

"So...I may have...uh..." Hawks popped his lips and shifted so his face was partially hidden. "Imayhavebeeninvitedtoafunctionbyyourparentsandacceptedsowecaninvitethemtothewedding!" I only heard a few key words in his jumbled sentence, but it was enough to make me feel physically ill.

"You better repeat that fucking sentence slowly...before I snap your wings off at the base..." I hissed through my teeth as I grasped his vermilion wings and glared down at his guilty form.

"W..well...the Avian Quirk Society is holding a function...a..and because of these..." He fluttered the tips of his wings for effect. "...and my status...I was invited to their annual fundraiser...a..and...I recognised your father's name on the invitation...and apparently he's the head of the whole thing...so...I thought...maybe you could-"

"You want me to make my entire childhood water under the fucking bridge..? You want me to try and kiss and make up with the people who threw me away..?!" I didn't hesitate in shoving him to the floor and standing up; ignoring the dizziness I felt from how quick I had moved. "You bet your feathered fucking ass you're sleeping out here tonight! There is no way I'm going! I want nothing to do with those people!"

Never...I can never even consider it..!

Tears streamed down my face for likely the bazillionth time that day as I stormed into the bedroom; slamming the door behind me and climbing into the large bed. I couldn't believe Hawks would actually even consider the thought, let alone try to go ahead with it. They were the people who had kicked me to the curb after stomping my hopes into the dirt. I could never forgive them, let alone face them again.

"Daddy's a butt, isn't he..?" I sniffled as I rubbed my growing belly. "I love him but he's a big, stinky chicken butt..."
"I'm not stinky..." I curled in on myself as I felt the bed sip, and I wriggled my way out of the arms that tried to wrap around me.
"Yes you are..." I insisted like a child; kicking out behind me in hopes of hitting his shins. "Go away...I don't want to talk to a traitor..."

Hawks tensed up for a while after I spoke, but he made no move to leave my side.
"T..traitor is...a bit harsh..." He mumbled before pulling me into him again. This time, however, I couldn't make myself fight back. "I know you probably hate my guts right now...but don't you at least think some kind of closure would be good for you? I'm not asking you to try and seek their approval or acceptance...but if they could see you now...don't you think it's worth a shot?"

Not really...

"Hawks...you have no idea how hard it was..." I whispered; my hands covering his as they rubbed gentle circles over my stomach. "I just...I don't...I don't think I could handle them rejecting me all over again..." My feet reached to tangle with his, and I tried my best to cease crying as his vermillion wings curled around us.

"I won't push you into anything, Sunshine...I have to make an appearance, but I can just take Tokoyami or one of the sidekicks as the plus one. I'm sorry I brought it up..." Hawks sighed and peppered kisses to my shoulder, which helped me to feel at ease.

He always made me feel at ease, even if he had been acting so sketchy throughout the previous months.
"I'll...think about it..." I sighed; my nose crinkling as one of his feathers tickled it lightly. "...You're still a fucking butt...I swear, I-" I stopped dead as I felt something wriggle beneath my skin. No, not only under my skin...from inside my stomach.

"D..did you feel that..?" Hawks whispered in absolute shock as I stared down at my lower torso; completely in awe.
"N..nah...it's not like it's literally inside me or anything..." My sarcastic bite back was half-assed. "I think...I think it agrees with me..you're an absolute butt..."

There it was again; Hawks' hands bumping outward ever so slightly, and my expression quickly turned into an ear-splitting grin.
"Don't taint her with lies and slander like that!" Hawks wailed as he carefully crawled over me and rested his cheek against my stomach; his light stubble scratchy yet comforting. "Daddy's gonna take you out for yakitori...and I'll take you out flying! I..if you don't have wings, that's fine! We can figure something out! Daddy loves you so much, sweet girl!"

"Girl..? You think it's gonna be a girl..?" I peered down at him whilst sweeping my messy (H/C) hair from my face, and he grinned up at me with the brightest amber eyes I had ever seen in my life.
"I know so! Father's intuition! I bet she's gonna have your hair and my eyes, and she'll shine just as bright as the sun itself..." He reached up and bopped the tip of my nose, which was still rather snotty. "...That's you. You're the sun!"

God fucking dammit, I'm supposed to be mad at you, but...

"God fucking dammit, I love you..." I murmured; coaxing him up to eye-level and stealing a soft kiss.
"I love you too, Sunshine." He sighed, pulling me into his arms. "Just think...in a matter of months, we're gonna be married, and have our first kid together..!"

"You're sounding like you expect me to pop out more than one..." I deadpanned; raising a sceptical brow. Again, he gave me that charming smile, and I was all but putty in his hands.
"Of course! Gotta have a pigeon pair, right!"

"...Youre definitely a fucking butt..."

"BABY GIRL, STOP KICKING WHEN MAMA SAYS THAT! I'M NOT A BUTT!"

.
.
.
.
***Again, I dislike this chapter but, as you can probably tell from the title, writers block has me in a headlock.***