SIXTEEN: PDA

“Holy fucking shit...You're real…” Hawks murmured; eyes wide as he slowly circled around the very confused Tokoyami.
“Yes..?” The avian-headed student coughed and straightened himself up. “It's an honour to finally meet you, Mr. Hawks. I am Tokoyami Fumikage.” His black cloak fluttered a little as he bowed respectfully, but my dear boyfriend was too busy to notice the formalities; no doubt cooking up a bunch of ridiculous stunts in his head.

“Can you fly?” I could only sweatdrop as the poor boy shook his head.
“No. I'm afraid I cannot.”

What the hell are you thinking, bird brain?

“Damn...I'll have to buy some kind of harness…” Mumbling to himself, Hawks threw his arm and wing over Tokoyami and gave him one of his boyish grins. “Can't you just picture it, kid? One whole bird..!” He swept his hand out dramatically, as though he were royalty showing off his kingdom. Tokoyami gave me a concerned look, but I just nodded once; reminding him of my earlier warning.
“Uh...Yes. One...whole bird…” As Hawks continued fantasising about ridiculous ventures, a familiar swirl of black erupted from the first year’s chest; forming it's shape with excited red eyes.
“Glowing lady!” Dark Shadow cheered; it's somehow solid form crashing into my body for a hug. I chuckled as it nuzzled into me and wrapped my arms around the sweet little quirk.

“Nice to see you too, cutie.” I cooed; extremely aware of the fact that Hawks was now completely silent and looking less than impressed.
Please excuse Dark Shadow. He seems to be awfully fond of you since the exam.” Tokoyami sighed; a slight pink showing through the darkness of his cheeks. Despite having informed Hawks of his new intern's quirk, he was still taken aback.

“Two in one, aye..?” His lips puckered into a childish pout as he watched me smother the sentient quirk with affection, but he didn't say anything more about it. Not in that moment, anyway.

We had met up with Tokoyami out the front of the location where Hawks was booked to do a photo shoot. It was a large building with security and everything; likely due to the fact that celebrities and heroes alike would come and go on the daily for their usual advertising commitments.
“So, you've got an accessory line coming out?” I question vaguely remembering the pro mentioning something about a ‘sweet ass watch’. Regaining a fraction of his mojo, Hawks swept me under his other side; beginning to walk us into the building with his chest puffed out.
“Sure do, Sunshine! Rings, watches, chains...All designed by yours truly!” He winked, and I couldn't help but roll my (E/C) eyes.

“Are you sure Be-”

“Jeanist didn't help me, okay?! I'm creative, too!” The blond whined; wispy brows furrowing in annoyance that I had yet again underestimated him.
“If I may ask, Mr. Hawks...Is this stuff absolutely necessary to become a highly ranked hero?” Tokoyami queried as he silently willed Dark Shadow back into it's resting place. Hawks lifted his hand from the boy’s shoulder and ruffled the top of his head.

“When you become a pro, you basically become public property, kid. Keep ‘em safe, happy and entertained, and you see yourself flying up in the charts.” He explained with a wisdom that wasn't exactly legitimate. “And quit calling me Mister. Just Hawks is fine.”
“My apologies.” Tokoyami said thoughtfully as he internally mulled over the answer he was given. Hawks leant over closer to my ear; locks of his unruly hair tickling against my temple.

“Is he always so...you know..?” He whispered, as though he thought he wouldn't be heard by the subject in question.
“Articulate? Sure is! Now we've got brains and brawn on our side…” I smirked a little as I shrugged his arm off of my shoulders to walk ahead. “...and I guess you're...I dunno...the comedy relief, or something…”